Hi everyone,

I have a 6 month Corgi but no human babies yet. I am wondering if any of you have experience raising babies with Corgis. Are Corgi's good with kids?

Thanks.

Views: 417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh i fogot! neeka whines and whine and whines when a baby or child cries, and paces around in circles, if she is near them she will try to lick their faces/hands. its pretty cute how upset she gets over it.
Lola actually hates kids. And I feel really awful about it because they always want to pet her and I have to tell them no. She is good with only 2 of the hundreds of kids on my street. She has never attacked, growled, or showed her teeth at them but if they come close she gets really scared and hides between my legs or runs away. When I take her to the beach I never let her off the leash if there are children there. She sneaks up behind them (out of curiosity maybe?) and when they turn around excited to see a cute little dog behind them she freaks out and runs away.
Brody love kids. He's gotten really good at not jumping (and never did on the little kids), but he will still sneak in a lick on the toes it at all possible.
Corgies are about as good of a dog as you can own. They are smart, very social, and love humans. If you read through the various profiles here at MyCorgi.com I think you will discover that Corgi oweners have a closer bound with thier dogs than any other breed of dog anywhere(except maybe Labs (maybe)). However, Corgies are herders and it is only normal for them to nip when they need to. But unlike so many other breeds they are careful to only nip. I have never heard of a mean Corgi.
My family and little kids and babies come over all the time and play with the corgis and they get along very good i think corgis actually want to take care and protect the kid more than hurt it. But truly it depends if your dog is kid- proof, can you grab the pup's ears, feet, fur, and tail. Does the dog bite when it's in pain or does it just walk off. Kids can sometimes do that stuff and if the dog doesn't like it well that's probably not a Kid- proof corgi.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service