Today Tank and Gunni were playing too hard and now Gunni is limping. She yelped when it happened but now she isn't crying or anything, but I'm worried. Has this ever happened to anyone's corgi? Do you think it will be better in a day or two or should I take her to the doctor.

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmm i wouldn't risk it, i would probably take her for a quick check up..although neeka was limping for a couple days once everytime i made a vet appointment she would stop..it started randomly (i think my boyfriend was playing to rough *tisk tisk*) and stopped randomly within maybe 2 and a half days? but if you are worried i would take her in.
Actually this happened to Owen as he was playing with other dogs in an OLA a couple days ago. One minute he was running around at top speed and the next he was limping and not even putting any pressure on his right hind leg. It was heartbreaking to see. As it turned out, a vet tech happened to be there at the time and she examined him and didn't think anything was broken since he didn't yelp when pressure was put on the leg - maybe a sprain or he stubbed his toe (the first thing she asked me was if he had knee problems, but then she found that something with his toe was bugging him). I carried him back to the car and monitored him for the rest of the day but he was still limping. I let him rest a day and figured I would go see the vet the next morning if things didn't get better. In the morning, he was limping but it wasn't as bad and later on in the day it went away. Now today, he's completely back to normal - so from my experience, if the dog doesn't yelp or whine or otherwise seem in discomfort when slight pressure is applied, then it's probably something that should heal itself in a couple days. If something was broken, they would more than likely let you know because it's so painful.
Duncan did he same thing when he was little, and continues to this day if I don't watch him. He strained his leg and every now and then, he will strain it again with hard running. He doesn't seem to limp as much now since I started feeding him Lassie's Natural Way dog food. I started feeding him that because he seem to always be scratching and no fleas to be seen. I had a inkling that he was allergic to the corn or wheat flour in the other dog foods.

If there are any "food snobs" about what to feed a corgi, Lassie's Natural Way would probably be considered a high middle grade of dog food. It does have glucosamine and chondroitin. It's the best I can afford on my budget.

Anyway, my suspicion is that he has a strain, which he will probably aggravate from time to time. Best thing is rest (rest...with a corgi....r-r-r-right!) and minimal exercise for a little while.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service