My fiancee and I have a 5 month old corgi named Jabber. He has a great personality and has been a perfect companion.

Yesterday we noticed a sudden change in his behavior. He was with me at a friend's apartment, and he was supervised the entire time. When I got home Jabber would no longer walk on his leash, he would just plop down and look at me. Throughout the afternoon this continued, he would refuse to walk around outside, and even worse he wasn't going to the bathroom to well. Either nothing would come out or just very little. He has also started to refuse his food and treats which is also completely new.

He doesn't seem to be in any pain, he just seems like he is in a bad mood or something...has anyone else encountered anything like this?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are worried about him, call your vet to explain the symptoms. You may need to take him in for an examination. Rule out the physical symptoms. He may have eaten something that he should not have. What seems off is that he isn't eating or going to the bathroom well.

Keep us updated on him. I hope all is well!
When you say he isn't going to the bathroom well - do you mean pooping or peeing or both? If he isn't pooping but is still peeing normally he could just be constipated. With a puppy its hard to tell what they can get into. Sometimes they can be very sneaky about what they chew on and possibly swallow. If it goes in it needs to come out. I would call the vet just in case. Hope Jabber feels better soon.
The whole thing is just so weird. He wasn't pooping at all yesterday, when he peed he was doing from almost a sitting up position. He also seemed kind of either nervous or neurotic (if that makes any sense) like he was completely stressed out. He usually naps quite a bit, hes a very laid back dog but after we started noticing his odd behavior he became very antsy, he wasn't being playful at all. He will usually chase anything or anyone but he hasn't been doing that either...

I think we are going to just take him in to the vet, better safe than sorry i guess.
That doesnt sound normal. I would take him in just in case. Corgis can be very quirky but he should be checked out. Keep us posted.
I would definitely take him to the vet. You're right, it is better safe than sorry!
that is defintely abnormal. The last instance I heard something remotely similar to this was that the dog turned out to have distemper... is he current on vaccinations?

Also, he could've gotten into something toxic or bad at your friend's apartment.... I'd take him to the vet ASAP so they can run some blood tests on the little guy. good luck! let us know.
I am not a vet, it sounds like something is blocking him that he cannot poop properly, did you feed him rawhide recently? Take him to a vet if things don't get better soon.
Red flags went off in my head when you said he wasn't interested in treats. That sounds like a sick corgi to me! Definitely call your vet. Better safe than sorry. :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service