So he has had this little rash for a week or two at most because it didn't look like anything but now it has gotten worse.

Here is a picture of it when it was dry and the second picture is when we washed it with some warm salt water.

I was hoping someone knows what type of rash it is and what to get to cure it....so i don't have to go pay alot of money at the vet.

Views: 433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's he eating?
Do you have ants in the yard?
Do you have fleas in the yard?
He has been eating pedigree puppy for some time now and i know there are ants in the yard. For fleas..maybe but we never see any on him and he has been on flea medicine also.
They might be ant bites. Didi dug in a batch of ants once and had little spots like this for weeks. I think she was getting into them repeatedly.
I thought of ants the moment I saw the pics.
I never used it myself, but I've heard people use anti-itch cream like Benadryl or Cortizone to give their pups relief, but always put a cone on so they don't lick it off.
maybe your vet is high-tech enough you could possibly email them these pictures and get a quick free answer back as to whether or not you should take him in.
Ein has the same thing, in the exact same place. He has seasonal allergies, so I just figured they were marks he made by chewing on himself. We do have lots of red ant piles around, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. I know you can't get rid of the ants completely, so I only kill the colonies that are inside the fenced area... yet somehow they seem to decide to come back to fenced area instead of outside it. Kind of rude of them to keep coming back when there are several acres we don't use. :P
It looks like fleas to me. We had fleas once we brought Shelby home. Our "maxi"-mini-schnauzer, Zoe, kept chewing on her legs, but not her chest (she can't reach that), and she has a ton of little scabs that look exactly like that. We've lived in San Antonio for 3 years and we've never had anything like this until we got Shelby... and fleas.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service