So this isnt exactly about a corgi since Zero doesnt get to come home for at least two more days... But I was just curious if this is a normal thing... We got Droopy my lab mix fixed on Sat the 9th he was fine for about a week but now all of a sudden he is super hyper and he is getting very destructive we cant leave the house for 5 mins without coming back to a mess a friend of mine says he is just mad he was neutered but I am not too sure abotu that, just wanted to know if this is normal and when it would stop. I am getting to my wits end! :o)

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I've learned about being neutered (I work at our vet office), it shouldn't make the dog behave any differently. How old is he? Normally, around the time that most dogs are neutered/spayed they are beginning their "teenage" stage, where they seem to forget everything they learned as a puppy. Our trainer has told us that since the dog has seemed to revert back to it's "puppy' stage, we need to revert back to that stage too. Meaning that we need to treat the dog as though they are a puppy again. I know it's pretty annoying to have them act like that again, but just think of them as going through a stage, with some consistent training and reassurance, most dogs seem to make it out of their stages by the time they are a year old. Anyway, hope this helps a little. Good luck.
Thanks he is a year and three months old though so thats why was curious....
For a lab that's the "teen" years... they tend to take more like 2 years to reach adult stage. So I think it's probalby like Charlie said... reverting to rebellion as a teenager and it just happened to correspond with the timing of the neutering.
Ya I figured he was just full of it LoL Droopy has been wonderful up to this point I have been working a lot more than usual so I think that is wha is off for him :o)
Bailey just got neutered last friday. no permanent behavior change. he is slightly more hyper, only because we couldn’t take him on too long of walks or play too rough or bring him to the dog park - so his activity level is low. other than that, same dorky dog we had before he went in for surgery! =P Could be the same with the lab - have they taken him out less to play, etc? If so, that's probably it. Also, it takes a week or two for the hormonal changes to settle, I hear.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service