When we walk around our apartment, Midas has found this dirt patch that he loves to run around in and dig as well. Also, when we walk him around campus, any dirt that he can find, he goes after it and digs/fraps in it for awhile. He puts his head down in it and likes to munch/breathe it in sometimes! Has anyone else experienced this before? We are wondering if it is attributed to the breed.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i haven't heard of that haha...my corgi has some pretty strange quirks though.
Both of my dogs are dirt diggers! When we picked Charlie up from the breeder, she scolded Charlie's mom for digging. That should have clued me in. He doesn't do it as much anymore (he's almost 6 now). Every now and then Charlie and the 10 month old pup will start in on the same spot - what a mess! Dirty dogs and giant ankle twister holes!
Henry (corgi-x) does this at the beach, volleyball sandlots and softball infields. Must feel great to them. My other dog (Graygor--rat terrier) looks at Henry like he's gone nuts,and Graygor is the young dog!
Mine don't dig outside but they will lay in whatever dirt they can find and if I sweep up a dirt pile without getting it right off the floor both are in it fighting over who can blow it all over...my poodle cross just looks at them like they are idiots...

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service