How often do corgis shed, and what kind of grooming tools do I need?

Hi everybody,
We are getting a dog very soon and I am wondering when they shed. How much do they shed too?
I've been waiting a long time to get our little tri-colored corgi, and I know a lot about them, but I still have some questions. If you have an answer, please comment back.

Thanks so much,
Lil' Guinness

Views: 8541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Corgis shed year round, but it can be worse in the spring and fall. I would invest in a Furminator. The shedding really won't start until around 6 months, but brush your puppy regularly to get it used to being brushed.

There have been other discussions about shedding, so you may get some good advice from those too.
Thanks Carmen! I will have to check that out! Good info. too!
How often...
Oh. You're in for a treat.
What do you mean Sarah?
They shed as often as it rains in the jungle, as dependably as the sun rises and as much as a horse can eat.
There has been talk in the corners of the site about setting corgifur stuffed pillows, or carding it for sweaters.
i have read in a lot of books on corgis that they mostly shed twice a year. and brushing your corgi regularly definitely helps. my corgis most definitely shed all year around though but its mostly that twice of year before the change of seasons
Hi! Bear, Tasha and Linus here! Guess what? WE SHED!!! Nan-mom collected brown paper bags (yes, gentle readers, plural) full and then used the corgi hair on the tomato plants to deter bugs. Beautiful tomato crop this year. Nine years of corgi hair, bathing, grooming has taught us several things: we are double coated and prefer a nice natural boar bristle brush, do not overwash us, make sure we get a decent fish oil supplement for healthy skin and fur. We blow coat twice a year with entire tufts letting go at once. So, you gotta be willing to love us, shedding and all! Corgi lovies from the Williamsburg Welsh wrecking crew!!
Thanks Nancy and Erica! You guys were big a help! Come and check out my other discussion!
They shed like crazy! lol...but invest in the furminator and it works wonders. It has really helped cut down on Harry's shedding. Plus we give him a bath once every two weeks or so and really work the brushing on him. Good Luck with your pup!
Thanks for a morning laugh. They never stop shedding! Here's what you can do to help- get them to love being brushed. One of mine hated it- he was ticklish as a pup - even just touching the tips of his fur would drive him bonkers. Another just melted, it was her favorite thing in the whole world "Brush me mamma brush me!" Make it a fun experience for both of you. Use cuddles, treats, whatever is necessary so brushing means good things- because you're going to be doing a lot of it.
Thanks everyone! I got the info I needed! You were big help!
Here's David's review on the furminator, check out the video, most of the members here have one already, you can support this site by purchasing one from the webstore on your right.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service