I discovered today that "somebody" *ahem*, one of the dogs or cats but I'm guessing our teenager pup Sidney, has been peeing in an old couch we keep in Sidney's living room. Whoo-eee it's awful. I'm attempting to Febreze the cushions and wash the covers, and hopefully I can get the covers back on!

All three dogs are housebroken, but one cat is notorious for his alternative litter box choices.

Since we have never actually SEEN anyone doing this, is there something I can apply to the couch to stop the peeing? Maybe a repellent, of some natural substance to keep the offending animal off?

I may have to trash this couch, and I hope if I get a new one it is not used as an indoor potty again.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard citrus oils work well. I recently read the smell of rosemary is also a repellant.

You may want to try some essential oils mixed with water and spritz your sofa. I also recommend cleaning it with Natures MIracle or some other enzymatic cleaner to break down the urine that is in there now.
Spray on plain old listerine.
Oh, I can try that! Thanks!
What we have used in the past is just plain ole' pepper, most animals will sniff before doing their "thang" if someone starts to sneeze then you'll know who and can put them out.
The biggest thing you need to do is get the urine smell out so they stop coming back to it..some of the deterants will not get the ammonia smell out and will only have the animals continue the process. The bitter apple spray I found to be a joke..doesn't last long at all. I suggest using a cleaner meant for getting rid of animal smell and steam cleaning the couch for a thorough cleaning.
Hydrogen Peroxide will clean it right up, use generously too :) You can try placing something else in front of it to make it harder to get to, try and find out what kind of surface they do not like to step on as well.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service