corkie is a great dog when it comes to people, i mean he jumps he licks... he makes out with your ears.. he will sit on top of the couch and think he is a cat.. but when it comes to other dogs that he doesn't know he will start going crazy growling like he is a viscous beast.. and i mean there have been times that jaybe will start growling too and they both attack! is it just a protection thing? no matter how much i pull them back or yell and tell them no or bad bad bad.. they wont listen to that.. but whenever i say no or bad they listen for every single other thing and know they are in the wrong.. does anyone have this problem? does anyone know how to handle this problem? i just got this spray bottle that i fill with water when corkie tries to jump at the fish tank.. i know its bad for his hips and legs but he just wants to play so bad with the fish so i squirt him now when he does it and he hasnt done it since.. do you think i should try that when i take him on walks? thanks for your help everyone i love this webside :)

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you sure he isn't playing when he does this? Riley would do this when we told him to do a trick that he didn't like or something like that and it became like a joke to us. We told him what do you say? And he would growl-talk and we would give him a treat. My friend from work had this problem and she asked me and I told her I think that is how they talk not necessarily an agressive thing. Unless your pup is showing his teeth than that is not a game or talk that is a true growl. If that is the case I believe the water is a good idea but also a bad one because it might make him hate baths.! Riley did actually growl at other dogs and we never did break him of that habbit but he was attacked by a pitbull when he was two and we couldn't blame him for being angry and not trusting other dogs you know...because we didnt trust them either.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service