I finally found Theo something he can chew on that doesn't splinter like rawhide, isn't full of chemicals like pigs ears, isn't plastic to ingest like nylabones, and doesn't smell like bully sticks. It's antlers! Elk and deer antler are harvested naturally from the animals (they shed them seasonally) and cut into different sizes. No chemicals needed. Theo absolutely loves them. They wear down naturally so they don't splinter or get jagged edges. And they really don't smell at all. It took Theo a little getting into it, but once he got to the marrow in the center, he chewed it up like crazy! Now it's his go-to chew when he's relaxing.

I just wanted to pass this on, since I'm forever thankful to the person that suggested them to me. I've never seen one at a local pet store but you can buy them online. Has anyone out there already discovered the joys of antlers?

PS: I attached a picture of Theo chomping away below.

Views: 65

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found them in San Diego, though I have not actually bought any yet. The next time I'm in the area, I'm definitely picking some up!

You can get them at Muttropolis! They are something like $7.99 for the small and $14.99 for the large.

Here is the address:
Solana Beach
Cedros Design District
227 South Cedros
Solana Beach, CA. 92075
(858) 755-DOGS (3647)
That sounds about the same price that I pay online, but I also have to pay for shipping. So now I have to decide between savings and convenience. ;)

I hope Sidney likes it!
I love them! Although I'll say that Gibson still prefers the stinky bad-for-you chews. It's the one chew he'll get in his crate at night though, because I know it's safe and he'll chew on it if it's his only option :)
Never heard of antlers as chewies. I'll have to keep it in mind next time I get something.
where online did you get those, guys?
I buy them here. It's not the fastest, but I've gotten really good customer service from them.
Thanks a lot!!!
No problem! Let me know how Charlie likes them!
You can also buy the antler velvet which is irrisitable to them. Not the best smelling, but good for them.
Ooooh. I've not seen that before. Is there a website you know of that sells it?
I really want to try these. Grover loves Nylabones. They are his favorite. But, he distroys them and he only chews them on one end so they end up being really only worth half the cost! :)
I'll definitely give them a try!!
Thanks Ju Lo and Theo!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service