Hey All, Nick has his neutering apt. next month and this is the first time I have had a male dog. What should I expect and is there going to be a huge change in his demeanor? Any advice would be welcomed.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Every dog is different, I'm sure. Theo didn't change a lick. But I don't think he was really all that "manly" to begin with...not much testosterone or whatever. :p

I can tell you that my vet waited until I dropped him off to ask some tough questions I wasn't expecting. They asked what method I wanted used (traditional cutting or laser). The laser was expensive, but so worth it. Theo healed up so fast, and he didn't even barely seem bothered. They also asked if I wanted extra pain meds for him for the whole day, or just enough to get him through the surgery. I went extra pain meds, because it seems cruel to me to make him suffer. So be prepared for those kinds of decisions if your vet hasn't already discussed it with you.
What size Neuticles do you want? My vet said he had a Chihuahua owner ask for Great Dane ones.

Madog will not be getting neuticles but I will shave into his side "Neutered not worth stealing". :)
they gives a choice if your pup keeps his um... coconuts? never had a male dog so don't know if this is true.

personally I wouldn't hehe not a big fan of hangers in the first place >_< *hides*
It's actually very non-invasive and Nick should do just fine! Bailey was neutered in august and he was back to normal the next day. He was super groggy and tired the night after, but that was due to the pain meds and whatever else they gave him to knock him out. He did not need the extra pain meds after surgery, healed GREAT, and he had his surgery the regular way - snip. i too, was worried, but if you trust the staff, itll make you feel a lot better! (and we lucked out that the nurse really loved corgiis). =)

i have noticed that bailey has become a little more energetic, but i think this will go away as time passes.. as dogs usually get neutered about the time before they go into teenage-hood. =)

Bailey's 8.5 months now.
Ein got neutered a month ago and did not change at all.
My McGee was neutered this past Thursday, my vets office kept him overnight...I think it may have been more tramatic for me than him. Lucky for me a friend works there and he was well taken care of. I picked him up Friday morning, like nothing happened. The vet said to try and keep him calm, yeah right he really doesnt know my McGee....McGee had the laser done and didnt need any pain meds to come home.. :0) ...

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service