Dr. Gonzo's breeder updates every week with photos, and I noticed his ears havent gone up yet, but almost all his brothers and sisters have. He's about 8 weeks old, is this okay?

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah don't worry about it. Some puppies' ears just take a little longer to go up. There's nothing wrong with him, it's just the way it is. At least you will get to see his ears go up :) unfortunately I didnt get to experience that. Bella's ears were already up at 8 weeks old.
KIwi's ears still aren't fully up, and she's almost 8 months old. One still flops down, I don't think we'll ever tape them though b/c we think it gives her character. If you're worried, you could always include about a tbsp. of fat free plain yogurt in with his food, the calcium never hurts. Kiwi still gets this in her food.
Nothing to worry about Lances ears didnt go up until 16 weeks old!
Charlie got them up at 14 weeks. Really long, beautiful ears. So - no worries! It seems that different corgis have different "ear body density" :) Some have more firm ears since their birth, and others have more soft ones.
This is how I explain it :)
I got Ginny at 9 weeks and she only had one ear up. (see attached photo). Her brothers both had their ears up when I picked her up. Her other ear went up about a week later, but would still go droopy when she was sleepy for several weeks. Now both ears are perky! I think you'll find that it is pretty common.
Attachments:
Don't worry about it. Gus was 8 weeks when we got him, and both ears were down. One popped up at about 9 1/2 weeks, and the other about a week later. Enjoy it-they are so cute with floppy and half & half ears! Take lots of pictures-I wish I'd taken more.
Ein is still a "one ear" at 4 years old, despite being taped several times. Both were floppy when we got him at 10 weeks. When he was about 4 months old, first one went up, then the other. His weaker ear was up for about two weeks... then he got neutered and it's been floppy ever since. We joke that they must've laid him on that side. He can put the ear up, but he seems to have to intentionally do it.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service