Apparently corgi's "arroo" . . .I know that Blaze is quite a lil' talker, but I'm not quite sure what an arroo is exactly!! So it's a two-fold question - Does your corgi "talk?," and please explain an arroo to me!! Thanks!!

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I learned of this term from a corgi book that I ordered from Corgi-L, it has a corgi dictionary in the back - it's tooo funny!!
Bindi always talks, we usually dont know why. Arroo usually comes out of her mouth when shes super excited about something!!
also an "ummph" when she realizes we're not listening to her!
http://www.geobay.net/guinness/ Here is a fun website dedicated to corgis. These folks are great corgi owners and possess quite the sense of humor. They adore their dogs and just a little trip through their website will show you that! They live in central Florida and can often be seen attending dog themed events. On this page is an audio of a corgi "chortle" a step beyond an arooo. Sure to bring a giggle to you all. There are some darling video clips as well as stories of their twosome.
Rhys talks alot in the morning, he says his Arroo's and other words I cant spell. I just think its cute... cuddle time!
Roxi does this :) Its my favorite thing in the morning to let her out of her crate because she dives right into your lap and makes all sorts of noises while trying to get as close to you as possible. She turns into a wiggle worm and your face/ears get slobbered over.

then she runs to the door.... but the first part makes my mornings :) Helps me get up for work hahahha
Hedy will do this when shes being good and asking nicely. Sounds just like you spelled it. Think of it as a low pitched howl, but a little quieter and more polite. Hedy will usually wake me up in the mornings by propping up on the bed and doing this if she really needs to go out. If its urgent, like i'm gonna pee in the house urgent, she barks. If you ask her, she can tell you the difference between needing to go 1 and 2. She will also come get you when her little brother needs to go out.

So yeah, in short, she talks. You just have to learn to listen. If you aren't listening, she will make you listen. You can read her face too, and her eyes once you know her.
Hey there, well all of my cardis LOVE to talk about everything with everybody and AROOOOOOO seems to be their favourite word! My cardis usually say it when they are just after REALLY comfortable sleeping or when they just change sleep position;).
I got in the bad habit of giving my male corgi people food when I eat. Now everytime I eat he stares at me and makes all these sounds. My wife says she hates it, but I tell her he's just trying to talk to us. My female has only had a few talking outburst. I wish I knew how to make her do it more often.
Cocoa {my dog} she does it when she streches / yawns and she yellps to get attention it is quite cute
I tried "Arroo" on Tracker during his dawn romp in the yard. His response led me to think it must mean something like "Is anybody out there" or "I'm lonely and need company". His actions seemed to be saying "Hey, I'm here don't worry, you've got friends and we're here with you."
I had to reassure him before he'd go back to running his laps and ambushing the Lhasa again.
Ken
I know whats arroo??
lol!! "Waterloo??" Ur dog ROCKS!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by