Ein had to go to the doggy emergency room this weekend. He coudln't keep down food or water and started refusing to eat or drink anything. Xrays didn't show a blockage, but they did show alot of air pockets in his intestines which makes them think that he may still have a partial blockage somewhere.

We didn't have enough money to pay for the surgery up front, so we brought him home after several hours of fluids and another set of xrays. At the moment, he seems to be able to keep down chicken and plain rice, but still has not gone potty. He has an appt on Wednesday with a vet that the chairperson at the local PWCC recomended we call (I called to ask if they knew about any vets that might agree to a payment plan). If the vet agrees that exploratory surgery is our best option, it will be done on Wednesday afternoon.

Ein could sure use some "get well without surgery" vibes if you've got any to spare.

Views: 57

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

*sends you some get well without surgery vibes* and also *get well with surgery if you need it vibes too*
I sure hope Ein gets better soon. Me and Duke will keep him in our thoughts.
I'm sending you "get well without surgery" vibes for the rest of the year :) Get well soon Ein!
Sending crossed fingers, paws and plenty aaarrroooos your way in hopes that Ein will be on the mend quickly.
I really wish Ein the best with or without surgery! I also wish him a speedy recovery. I really hope that u can set up a payment plan too, if surgery is what he needs. Maybe u an set up a donate to EIn fund here in mycorgi.com to get some help....

Best wishes to you and Ein,

From Bonni and Faye
oodles and oodles of vibes being sent to you!

Ein you get better you hear? Your families worried about you baby.. its no fun to scare them this way! *wags finger*

Truly I hope things go well for you.. keep us updated :)
Feel better Ein! You are in our thoughts!
This happened to my 24 LB Manx kitty Angus, and after having IVs and being in the emergency vet for a little over 48 hrs Angus had air pockets, but no sign of any blockage. The vet wanted to do exploratory surgery, but we opted for a second then third opinion and were told to wait it out to see if it was needed. He ended up being just fine, no surgery. Angus is now 3 and ½ years old. Here is hoping for you and Ein.
Major doggie "get well vibes" from our fur-kids to Ein! We're keeping our paws crossed that all will be well.
Hi Nicole,
I'm sorry to hear about Ein. Wishing him a speedy recovery. Take care. :o)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service