The title says it all. Share a bit of your story.

Views: 331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Growing up in Hong Kong, England and Australia, I remember we used to celebrate the Queen's Birthday and you can always count on corgis presence during those birthday bash :) Corgis have got this "royal" "classy" feel to me.

The first time that i actually saw a corgi was during a school picnic, my home economics teacher had one and she was a lady, beautiful and elegant. I have always been a fan of the herding group, especially the way how they're so loyal, working in packs and stay by your side. I enjoy watching agility trials, dog shows and I am still amazed what they can do :)
Ok... now... don't laugh at me...
ok you can laugh.. it happens ;)

The first time I fell in love with corgis is through an anime I watched online.. (and maybe you'll understand all the 'did you name it Ein?' jokes you may get from younger kids. We get that allot, never name a corgi Ein especially if you know anime fans.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FygHPbHwjbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_nAeqSbitI&mode=related&sea...

so yea after a few episodes I had to look the dog up and learned about corgis.. the original creator must have owned them because the show did a good job at picking up their mannerisms :)

when we finally decided to get a dog I kept picking at the idea of getting a corgi until he finally went out to look at them with me :D lol
I am an anime fan and know of Ein, but corgi fan since long before. :) I live with friends of the family, and my "mom" has loved corgis since her childhood; someone in high school brought their corgi to school, and charmed Cynthia ("mom" not my real mother).

Kiki was brought into our home when Cynthia was 50! She has been a corgi lover far longer than anyone in my home, but she brought me on to love them.
I'm an old anime fan too. Almost forgot about Ein. But as for me, I had a mini dachshund for some time and grew an affinity for the low & long bodied breeds. After my doxie was killed by a mastiff, I wanted to get something of a similar nature. Long, low & smart. If anyone's owned dachshunds you know they are very stubborn. So I researched the breeds and came across the corgi. After thinking about it for a week, I found a breeder that lived 30min outside the city, and went to pick up my first heel nipping rabbit butt, Kolby. Ever since then I knew I couldnt own any other kind of dog.

The first corgi I ever saw was in a dog show. I thought they were interesting dogs but not much more about it. Later when I saw one for the first time I was immediately attracted to the breed. Neighbors of a friend of mine had one that I thought was a very cool dog, even though he didn't particularly like me. Then there was the whole Ein incident and the discussions that followed when I was dating my girlfriend (now wife). We settled on a corgi because they are smart dogs who are eager to please and they are not big dogs but not fragile either. Zed has been the perfect dog for us.
I met a little corgi girl named Elizabeth at a place I worked a couple years ago. Still have a picture of her somewhere actually.

A little later, my fiancee and I talked about getting a dog since we were basically on opposite schedules and the house was pretty quite when we were home alone. Enter Linda and a little red and white girl named Hedy. I met Linda and Hedy at a Drury Inn in Arnold. Out of a room full of people, Hedy came strait for me. That was it.
I leaned about corgi's after my son and his wife got one 3 yrs ago. Shelby was so cute and smart. Corgi's have such expression in their eyes. They dont seem to be nuisance barkers either. They are a perfect size too.When i decided to get another dog, I looked online and by miraculous chance found Toby on Pet's Second cChance website. His eyes just spoke to me, I didnt mind the fact he was 7yrs old either. He turned out to be the perfect companion and I love him dearly. We now have Lola as well, a sweet girl we fostered then adopted. Its amazing how the two dogs bring out the best in each other. Im so glad to have them in my life
I really admire those who can adopt a dog older than a year old. So many people want puppies thinking its the only way to train them how they want, but it helps fuel the puppymill/backyard breeders to profit.
we were looking for a dog for our apartment living and the purina website recomended a corgi....we fell in love w jach when we bought him from a breeder at age 6 mos. he was a little joy and became a family member immediately. we adopted a female from lindas group pets second chance who is a absolute joy .
i read books by rita brown and her cat sneaky pie and the main character "harry" has a corgi and 2 cats and it is really neat to read about a corgis.
I have always loved the herding group. I wanted a German Shepherd and, for some time, I was actually convinced that my parents would let me get one. I often watched dog shows and read dog books. I always kept my eye out for the German Shepherd.

One day while my mom and I were watching a dog show several years ago, I saw the Corgis. One with a tail and one without a tail. I liked the Pembroke. I still wanted my German Shepherd, but after some time I just gave up on it.

I also read some of Tasha Tudor's poetry books. I loved seeing the corgis hidden somewhere in the pictures. That had a bit of influence as well.

I started to like Corgis more and more. They're just adorable little dogs. Very smart, too. They have big dog personalities, but they're just the right size for us. When my parents said that it would be okay if I got a dog, I decided on a Corgi. That was over two years ago. I'm getting my Scout in a few days.
I've liked corgis for a long time, but always had Aussies, which I also really like. Before I got Ruby, I was trying to decide what kind of dog I wanted, when her breeder bought her littler in for vaccines and checkups, he left with one less puppy. Corgis are perfect for me, I wanted something smallish, but needed it to be tough enough for ranch life. One corgi quickly turned to two, and the rest is history
what made us a corgi fan. My husband and myself where out of town for a little vacation and while we where gone our daughter called us and told us she got a dog. Ok, so what kind of dog we asked a corgi she says. OK I said whats a corgi..oh I know so silly now. Anyway when we got home and seen this pretty little thing well lets say it was instant love! And its been a love every since. We now have 2 beautiful corgi's and would have more if we could. there little legs there little wiggle when they walk how can you not be a corgi fan. When my 2 girls are walking away from me all I can think of is oh how cute there butts are...I know so silly but what can I say. I LOVE my 2 corgi's!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service