so i have a four month corgi and he bites. I dont know what to do we bought him a lot of toys but when he plays he starts biting my hands and hard i tell him no and if he continues i put him in his cage but he just doesnt stop he also chases my little brother and bites him i know they are herding dogs but he onnly does that to my brother . any advice would be much appreciated ..Thanks!!

Views: 211

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa, I agree with Sam, maybe now is not the right time to get another dog. I doubt she thinks that you are replacing her with another corgi. The problem behavior is from something else. You should seek out help from a professional trainer or behaviorist.
Hi,

My corgi is five months old and is teething and has been biting our hands and feet. What we have tried with some succees is to distract her with another toy. Our dog trainer also recommended spraying our hands with a product called Bitter Yuk. She hates the taste and stops. It is safe for dogs and is water based. In time they should stop biting but I understand your frustration because we are still going through it. Hope this helps. Also, we found that the more we walk her and drain energy, she is too tired to nip and bite.
Hello,
My Max is four months old. When she started teething nothing was safe. Try giving her an ice cube when the biting gets out of hand. I also bought a teething toy from Petsmart that you soak in water and put in the freezer overnight. When Max starts to bite a little too hard I will give that to her and it helps alot. Some good chew sticks works great also. My vet says she should have all her teeth by 6 months...we are counting the days.!!!!!!! Good Luck.............
Hi Viviana,

Your corgi is so cute! Love the big ears.

As with the nipping, it's normal since puppies go through teething. Always be firm to say no and bad when your corgi does that. They are still learning. Also, corgis are from the herding group and they're very good nippers. They will eventually grow out of it. I suggest giving him good plastic toys to chew on and tire him out. This has helped with our Milo when he was young. He has since stopped nipping and biting on people. Good luck!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service