Dyllan eats June bugs almost every night!! They are the beatle looking bugs and I think they have pinchers. He chases them at night when they come out around the porch light,he crunches them like candy its disgusting! Jamies puppy Koby eats them too. Anyone else have bug eaters? Will these bugs hurt them? So far it hasnt seemed to.......Jane

Views: 183

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have talked with my vet extensively about earthworms, grubworms and june bugs. He said that they will not hurt them at all, don't carry anything they can become infected with but if they eat too many of them they can vomit. A dog is a dog and my Maggie eats all kinds of creatures let me tell you. Freaks me out but the vet told me not to worry about it....its a dog thing.
Thanks for the info .....but it really is gross......
Yes it can be pretty disgusting- Loki likes to eat bugs if they get in the apartment. He usually delicately licks them off of the floor and then crunches them. If he's outside he likes to hunt down flies- he hates their buzzing around him.
Stella eats bugs all the time. Especially ants. One time she OD'ed on fireflies and barfed, like Amy mentioned. I also had a Scottie (named Dylan, too!) who ate bugs like that all the time, and nothing happened when he ate them. The only time I worry with Stella is when she goes near bees and wasps since they can sting and she might have an allergic reaction.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service