I feel silly asking this..... how long do male puppies pee by squatting? Steve is 8wks old and has been squatting to pee. It looks like he started to lift one of his hind leg (ever so slightly) from today. This is my first time having a puppy and my friends don't remember what their dogs did when they were puppies so I'm curious to know what other corgi and puppies owners experienced.

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ours is 6 omnths and still squats! haha he used to arch his back while going pee and now he just stands there.
Charlie started early too. When I got him at 10 1/2 weeks, he was lifting his leg about half the time. Now at 7 1/2 months, he hikes outside on everything, everywhere, everybody...no respect! That's funny about lifting Dash up to mark higher! : - )

I also got a kick out of those of you with "hangers on". Charlie seems to dump in one place until he's finished (no hangers), but often as soon as he's done, he lets out a little woof and runs away as fast as he can. I think he's saying "It wasn't me! That's not my poop!"
Trunks has just started to lift his leg on a regular basis. Trunks is 3 and a half. I prefer that he squat because he steps in his puddle when he lifts his leg. I've noticed that he squats when he really has to pee, such as the first time out in the morning or after I get home from work.
Blaze is almost 1 year old, and has always squatted to go pee, and STILL steps in his puddle. . .poop issues - he WALKS while going and leaves a nice lil' trail!! And this just kills me - when he farts, he gets mad and bites his BUTT!! LOL!!
My Ritz started to lift up his leg to pee when he was 5-6 months old.
Haha, Winster didn't even squat to pee, he just stood there and let it all out. I'd say he was about 4 months old when he started lifting his leg to pee... And it was hilarious becuase sometimes he tipped over... hahahaha. He'll learn eventually.
My Max is 17 weeks and still squats some times. He has been lifting his leg more often over the past week though. Max has a challenge though. The temps here in Alaska have been near 20 below quite a bit since he arrived from South Dakota and I think that sometimes he just pee's as fast as he can, however he can just to get it over with and get back in the house.
Whats even funnier is my 5yr old girl Lola squats and lifts her leg, She is very dominant and is always marking right over our boy Toby, who squats because at 7 yrs old he has arthritis in his left leg.
I think everyone with a male pup has this question :) I call it a 'parent fear' just because everyones scared SOMETHING is going to go wrong with their puppy.. I had one of these when a normal shot made a bump on Roxi's leg and I freaked thinking she had cancer already.. (oh yes.. I can be that crazy..) its rather relaxing to see the vet laugh instead of go "hmm.."

No worries that little leg should lift over time! :) and no question is ever silly!
Ha! I would actually be more relieved if Charlie were still squatting. When he was lifting his leg at a very young age, I thought "Oh no! He's going to be a big territory marker!" And he is. I am agreeing with you Avyon! Some of us worry about the squatting not being normal, and some of us worry about the leg lifting not being normal! We just like to worry about everything don't we? : - )
OMGoodness yes! hahaha and its worse when you're right! Would you rather worry about your pup squatting or your pup being territorial that's the question! lol
My four year old Lizzie is just like Carolyn's Lola, She squats with one leg lifted. She marks everything. Fergi (7 months) is learning from her. Corgi see--Corgi do. As for pooping our Basil had this thing about only pooping in the tall grass. I think he wanted privacy. I think he was about 6 months when he started lifting his leg to pee. I just love these discussions. I can't wait to see what our new little boy will do. He is entering a house of females. Could be confused for a while!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service