I am curious to find out how long does the blowing of a coat last? The minute it began to warm up, POW, tufts are coming out everywhere. I am brushing daily with a tooth comb to maintain. I know corgi's shed all the time, but I am wondering how long the actual "blowing coat" lasts?

Views: 4010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha, this thread has really made me laugh. I'm also an avid 'tuft puller.' I just love pulling them out of River's coat. She doesn't seem to like letting me have them though, so when she sees me reaching for one she'll take off and try to keep the tuft!

As for the original poster's question, my corgi tends to shed year-round, as some other people have said. She'll have a couple of periods of heavier shedding each year in the spring and fall, but she sheds like a maniac no matter what season it is. And brushing never seems to do much good. I've had the best luck with vitamin E/omega 3 capsules. Not only do they decrease the amount she sheds, but her skin is less prone to dryness and she loves the flavor of the oils when they're added to her food.
We're working on 3 weeks and 18 mini-corgis blowing in the wind. Hardwood floors look horrible. sweep every day, twice a day, and still there's hair. (FYI: spraying a bit of wrinkle release, Febreze, anything really, helps make the hair stick to the broom instead of floating through the air when you sweep. It's a lot easier to collect!)

Just bought one of those rubber upholstery brushes from wal-mart for like 3 bucks; seriously found 4 more corgis in the seemingly fur-free couch cushions. DH is threatening to shave Cricket.

Good luck everyone!
YES YES! The horrible thing about sweeping fur is that it sets the fluff balls dancing and of course... that means that Rolo wants to go play with the Fluff Ball corgis he gave birth to! You know how hard it is to sweep when you have a 5 month old puppy pouncing on the broom and rolling through dirt piles because it is all floaty?? "MRRRROWF! It MOVES, Mom... it MOVES!!!" **flomp*bite*roll**

Oh the insanity that is this season!

Thanks for the wrinkle release/Febreze tip. I don't know why I didn't think of it before... but it should make this a LOT easier! I'd get the rubber brush but we bought a leather couch JUST because I was tired of vacuuming fur off the old one! A little leather safe furniture polish makes it pretty easy to clean... fur doesn't stick to it and the little fur angels fly when I dust. Now if I could just keep them from sticking to everything ELSE! :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service