Yesterday i was cooking and i tossed Miss Bindi some red peppers (not the hot ones). a few hours later she threw them up. Then an hour later she threw up again, and then again 10 mins later. About 3 hours later we went to bed for the night and she fell right asleep (She usually stirs for about 30 mins before actually passing out). She usually has no problems with table foods, and i was pretty sure shes had peppers before. I was just wondering if anyone knows if it was the peppers? Are dogs not supposed to have them?

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so far I have not found any thing on peppers, just garlic and that sort of stuff! So I think either you sould take her to the vets (if you think it's really bad) or look it up and call some people to find out!

P.S.I'm sorry for this to happen!
Thanks sasha. She woke up this morning and was barking and begging for food and she hasnt thrown up since like 9 pm last night, so I'm thinking she feels better. I just wasn't sure if it was the peppers or not. Either way i don't think she'll be eating them any more! =)
Well...It's good she feels better!! :) Have a nice rest of your day!!
Bell peppers should be fine for most dogs. Sounds like your dog may have an intolerance to them for some reason (if that's the only "unusual" thing she ate.) or she just ate too many. Peppers are not on the list of toxic veggies.

I have a friend who told me he once had a dog who loved jalapenos, and would eat up to nine of them! I don't think I'll try that...I can imagine quite a "gassy" effect. LOL
i would imagine that would have a gassy effect!! lol.
Thanks for the reassurance. She is 100% better as of yesterday, so it was just an isolated upset tummy!
Jinksy had a cast iron stomach. When he was young he would eat wasabi- slurp it up- sneeze- then go back for more. In fact the only thing he wouldn't touch was parsley.
Awww happy to hear she's better :)

I think its like people sometimes.. dunno why it happens but you could eat something and be fine but I could eat the same thing and get an upset tummy w/o the allergies *shrugs*

happy it all worked out though!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service