Red eyes - allergies? something more serious?

The inners of Bailey's eyes have been red for a while and today, after we came back from the park, I noticed that her left eye was redder and now has a discharge.

this was Bailey a few days ago - notice the inners are reddish - allergy related?

Bailey on March 30 2008

Here's today:

Bailey eyes April 2 2008

Bailey, left eye April 2 2008

Anyone else have corgies with red eyes and what not?

Plus, here's a photo of when I first brought her home. You can see that her eyes are red in this pic as well (I have had her now for 2 months)

Bailey first day at home

Views: 2356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would be advisable to take him to the vet.
yepp that green discharge is not something that should be ignored. He might have some sort of bacterial/viral infection (just like in humans if we have green mucous), I don't think its allergies due to the color of the discharge, but then again I am a first-time dog owner. It might be an eye infection or a sign of an eye disease - I'd have to vet do a test on that green discharge, and just an overall exam to find out. It could just be (who knows) something that will be easily cleared up with antibiotics if Bailey is otherwise healthy (eating, normal poo/pee, active, no signs of other problems such as Fever, excessive sneezing, snorting). Good luck and hopefully Bailey clears up soon after a trip to the vet.

And didya know... "Bailey" was listed in the top 10 dog names (i forget who/what it was based on - I saw it on the news -hah!), it was listed as #5.
I took her to the vet, who thinks it may just be allergies at this point since the redness & discharge happened shortly after our trip to the park, along with the fact that Bailey doesn't have a fever, hasn't been sneezing or coughing, hasn't had loss of appetite,etc.

I get to put ointment in her eye - yippee!!
thats good news! i learned something today. woo! keep an eye on it anyways, hope it clears up soon! let me know if the ointment works and that she's OK!
this happened to Lincoln a couple of days ago ... the red and the green mucus.

we monitored it for the night and the next day there was nothing. we chalked it up to it being really windy out the previous day and he might have gotten something in his eye.
Ein gets alot of seasonal eye redness from his allergies, along with water eyes and some discharge. His is usually more yellowish than green, but his eyes do look quite a bit like your pics other than that.
Good to hear Bailey's OK and hope the ointment clears it up. How does Bailey take to having ointment put in her eyes?
Steve's right eye is red off and on with occasional discharge and my vet said it's allergies but we didn't get ointment.....
Hmmm, my Sophia just developed the same exact symptoms and is acting generally unhappy and lackadaisical. I am taking her to the vet today... I have been giving her a warm compress over her eyes individually, as there was green discharge on her left eye only at first but now it is leaking out of both eyes... She was at a house last weekend where there were like five 8 week old puppies without vaccinations so I was really angry when she came home and started having this problem, wife took them there without even thinking about dogs getting other dogs sick. I hope it's nothing, my Yorkie (Waffles) was also there and seems fine.
Glad you took her to the vet. I notice this alot more in the fall or spring when the dogs wrestle in leaves or the freshly cut grass. I take saline solution and rinse the eyes out so if there is any debri I'm cleaining that out. It seems to help alot and usually only have to do it once.

She looks alot like my new girl I got from Colorado..Sian.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service