Hi. I was wondering where the best place is for her crate, in my bedroom or in the livingroom? The bedroom is quiet and no one really goes in there but then I'll hear her when she wakes up in the mornin. The livingroom is where everyone is, the "hub" of the house. She will be in the crate at night and when we're gone which isn't too often there isn't someone here. I'm thinking I wanna have her in the room with me when we're sleeping...what have you all done with yours?

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have Bailey's crate (wire/metal) in my room. and he wakes up whenever my radio alarm goes off (whenever i get up he gets up). I don't know if that would work for you, he has stopped whining when I put him in there to go to sleep (not sure if he's just used to the crate, or that he knows I am nearby - probably both). I also have his travel crate (plastic) out in his playpen area in the kitchen (high traffic), so he uses that during the day to sleep in. I could easily move that into the living room when I want him to be close to me when I am on the computer but also want to keep an eye on him. Maybe two crates would work for you as well? Hope that helped! I know that in general, it would be recommended to put the crate wherever there is the most foot traffic and where the family spends a lot of time - but I just like being close to my little one both day and at night (and probably vice versa hah) so I gave in and got two crates (one for free by the way on Craigslist.org!).
I used to put ours close to the living room when they were young, and now that they're older, they are in the bedroom with me
and I forgot to add, when Bailey's all potty trained -well probably get rid of that plastic crate, but the wire one will stay in the bedroom w/ me.
I put Mochi's crate in out bedroom. She's potty trianed so she really only goes inside the crate when we go to sleep or when we have to take her somewhere in the car. I have a plastic travel crate that she uses, i find it more convenient because i can move it around.
Many pups settle in best at night when they can be nearby. As soon as he starts sleeping comfortably through the night I would move the crate in to the high traffic area of the home. Prior to that I would put it in your room at night and in the livingroom during the day.
We actually have the crate in the bedroom at night, and in the morning when the puppies wake up, we move the crate to their playpen area so they can have a chilling out place.
Roxi's is in the living room near the back area but next to the couch.. so its away from everything if she needs but also with us if she wants to hang out in her crate while we watch tv :) its a pretty good spot so its a win/win situation.
We actually had Lola's crate in our bedroom next to our bed at night, then in the morning, we drag it into the hallway right in front of our bedroom... We do this because it's darker in the hallway & we know she sleeps all day!! We know this for a fact because we had video taped her while we were at work to see what she did all day... after watching it, we realized she slept about 90% of the time!! We decided crating her would be the safest measure in the long run (for herself & our furniture). She does really well with it!!
yea.. our new roommate thinks its cruel to keep an animal in a crate while you're at work but roxi doesn't seem to mind at all. Im guessing she sleeps most of the time too (except to bark at 'mystery noises')

How did you tape the whole day? I've got a cam but Im sure it wouldn't last that long lol. (now Im curious!)
It cut off a little bit before it was time for my husband to come home for lunch. But we got the idea of her day... bark a little bit after we left, go to the kong toy we left to occupy her time when we left... wander around a minute or two.... sleep for a hour.... drink some water... look out the patio door... sleep for an hour... haha And we notice when we're home with her that she gets crabby if she doesn't get some of her normal nap times, so we know the crate is good for uninterrupted sleep!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service