I tend to worry about a lot of things... particularly when it comes to the safety of my animals. My animals are staying at a kennel due to housing issues. Latley when I've visited them I have noticed that they smell like Roccal-D; a commonly used disinfectant. I know that the product is extremely corrosive and dangerous to humans. I'm wondering if I should be concerned that they smell like the product. Surely if it's dangerous to humans it's harmful for them. Should I change kennels? Or is this something I don't need to worry about?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know from working in many vet clnics that Roccal is great stuff, but at the same time, I've gotten chemical burns from it! We were always taught to clean outside kennels with it and then rinse them afterwards so the dogs' pads wouldn't get burned. As far as indoor kennels go, we just used a spray bottle and misted it in there and then wiped them down before putting down newspaper. Next time you're in I would make sure to check their paws for signs of burns, or even the hair between their toes to see if they've been licking. I find it a little odd that they're using it in a fashion that leaves the smell on your dogs!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service