For those of you who have several corgis. I have only one corgi baby so far, 9 weeks old. Eventually I would like to get a second corgi. How do corgis react when you bring home a second one? Do they get jealous? Are there any posessive problems? What is the best age my first corgi should be at when I bring home her new brother or sister?

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Corie just turned 3 in May. We just added a 9wk old male pup. What were we thinking!? Corie was extremely jealous, she peed on our bed! Would not let the pup near us... its been 3 wks now and things are setteling down. They sometimes eat out of the same bowl, play with the same toys. Corie does let him know when she has had enough. Ace is very vocal and gets Corie going, and OMG.. it hurts my ears! Love em both, but would i do it again.. probably not...
We got our 3rd corgi when the No 1 dog had only a few monhts left due to cancer. Gerogie was only 5 and we alleady had Tom who was 2 at that time. We really wanted the new puppy to be trained by george befoe he crossed that rainbow bridge. II think it helped Tom deal with absence of his leader, Geroge, and frankly, it helped all of us to have a puppy around. It was very hard to loose our "heart" dog so young, but we've kept to a trio ever since. of course a lot depends on the personality of the oldest dog, I guess. We never had any probelms other than the expected noise level increase.
Thank you for sharing your story. Im so sorry for the loss of george, Im sure he was a spectacular dog.
:)
We got Lilly when Brody was 2 from day one she became "his" puppy and she would boos him around!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service