After a short stuggle with lymphoma, Algy finally lost the battle this morning.  We knew this day would come, I just didn't think it would be today.  To make it worse, my father, whom Algy absolutely adored and was his 'daddy', couldn't be there to say goodbye.  I think I'll be crying for a while.

May you be at peace now Algy, we love you and miss you.  You were a good boy and a special corgi, and that's all that anyone could ever ask.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looked back over your page and all the pictures of Algy-- you can tell he loved his family and was very beloved by them. Our hearts go out to you.
Thank you everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. It's been a very hard day and I have been very upset. They are all so special in their own way, and one will never be like another. We've been dreading this day for a while now. It just happened so suddenly.
My deepest, heartfelt condolences on your loss of Algy. It's never easy to say good-bye. May you find comfort in the wonderful memories left behind. And know that Algy peeks over the edge of heaven watching over you.
I am so sorry for you loss. I lost my corgi suddenly and wayyyy to early so I know how you are feeling. Just know in the end, he loved you and appreciated all the memories you two shared. Nothing will ever change that and no one can ever take that away from you. It's amazing the effect of losing our dogs who are also our friends and to some "fur kids" can have. It always hurts terribly but I can tell you, it WILL get easier with time; however, it will never disappear. It took me a while to get another dog (kid to me) but when you are ready you will know and it does fill a void but does not replace the previous one. Corgi hugs and licks. And cry your eyes out if you need to, I did (for a very long time).
Farewell, Algy. You were well loved.

{{hugs}} to you Joanna.
I am so very sorry for your loss
So sorry for your loss. Hugs.
I am so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose our furry friends. He must have been an incredible guy and loved you very much... or else it wouldn't hurt so much to lose him. They give us unconditional love and all they ask in return is a scratch behind the ears, and maybe a cookie or two. I hope you can remember all of the wonderful days you had with Algy before he got sick. Peace to you and your family.
So sorry for your loss. Algy sounds like he was very special. I lost my 5 year old pem, Titan, to meningoencephalitis a little over a month ago. After the first week, each day has gotten a little easier, but I still look for him in his favorite chair, and I know Deacon, my 7 year old tri, looks for him too. My thoughts are with you.
I'm so sorry about Algy. My thoughts are with you.
Luke
I'm so very sorry Joanna. Algy was lucky to have found such a good home. My prayers are with you and your family. Hugs and kisses..
I'm so sorry. I can only imagine the depth of your loss. We will all be thinking of you and your special corgi.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service