Tuesday may be a medium sized dog but she has a giant bark!  Anytime anyone knocks, or she hears someone outside of apartment door, she starts barking her little head off.  She will eventually calm down, but only after she rushes up to see the individual showing them she's boss. 

This is not good.  For many reasons.  Mostly because it's teaching her an improper place in the family but also because we live right next to the apartment manager and she's letting us live there with Tuesday as a special favor to us.

Please help!

Views: 493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a cute story, our family got a good laugh out of it. I've had people jump back when they hear that huge voice out of our little one.
Allison, love your story! We live out, and get no trick or treaters. The UPS man, however, thought we had HUGE dogs and started dropping packages just inside the gate (oh my, what did he think, our fence is only 3 feet high with extra rope every foot to keep the deer out...obviously we don't have a big dog!) The day I was outside with the boys and he finally met them, he laughed and laughed over the "small" dogs with the big barks (and of course the bunny butts)
It's so funny that that huge barks comes out of such a little body. Ella barks when someone comes to the door to let them know she's "on duty", then she calms down. When she is barking unnecessarily, we will "hush" her. Just work at it, come up with your own "not now" sound and be consistent.
Tuesday spends a lot of time with my in-laws dog, a Chesapeke Bay Retriever. It's funny. If you don't see them you can't tell which bark comes from which dog, and the Retriever is 4X the size Tues is! At least!
My pup doesn't bark at the door if its me coming in, and rarely barks at the door if other people are watching him with out me. I have a feeling he barks to protect me when I am home...what do you think?

Does this happen to any one else...

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service