So I have a 7 week old Pembroke named Marshall. He's adorable first of all :) Today I brought him to his first vet visit, and the first words out of her mouth were, "So what is he crossed with"? The thing is that Marshall is completely black and white.

I met both parents when Marshall was 10 days old, and the dad is fawn and white and the mother is tri-color. Both are purebred Pembrokes. When he was 10 days old (before his eyes were open), he looked exactly like his brothers and sisters except for the color (one female was also only black and white).

His ears aren't up yet, so he does look exactly like a lab puppy (except he's 6.6 pounds). I've read that black and white is a mismark, and since he's only a pet for me (no breeding intended!) that's totally fine with me. However, the vet started telling me stories about a female getting pregnant by 2 different dads in the same litter, so now I'm paranoid. Is Marshall a purebred Pembroke? 

Views: 4834

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yay! I am so relieved to hear that you want him no matter what! I didn't wanna be judgemental or anything as I can understand being midded, but I was hoping to hear this! :) Whew!

Oh no way could I give him up! He's sitting on my lap with his nose on my table as I type this haha :) He's my baby even if he's not a Pembroke :) 

<3 I like you already! An especially sincere welcome to MyCorgi from Ziggy and I!

Haha well thank you :) I love my little man even if he is some sort of Maury-style mystery! 

You Gould go look at my photos. Sammie is half lab/corgi. She is full grown at 27lbs and looks like a tiny lab :) sound familiar?
P.s if your pup is half lab he/she will be way smaller then a lab because of the corgi blood. Like I said Sammie is half lab and full grown at 27lbs.

I looked at Sammie's pictures, and it looks like her legs are longer than Marshall's, but if he is a mix, the genes could very well be spread out differently. 

Sammie's are a little longer but your pup may have been nice with a smaller lab. Black labs very in weight from 40-110 lbs. I think your puppy is half lab.
She looks exactly like Sammie when she was a baby.

I'm leaning towards half lab as well. The other possibility could be some sort of sheepdog (Aussie, sheltie, etc) because his white hairs on his belly seem to be way longer than the black hair on the rest of him. Of course, the dad could have been a mutt too. 

He is a cutie, and I also get the "what is she" all the time.  Lilly is a black headed tri and a fluffy too.  He may have some tan on him that hasnt come out yet.  She is alot of black and white, but she has the tan as well.  Marshall is a really cute baby!!  Congrats!!!!

Also Sammie's sister has white one her just like yours. She is also half lab like Sammie. Almost twins :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service