Sometimes when Ziggy has been walking lately, there will be a creak/click when he steps down. I can't figure out which paw/leg is making it, but it sounds like it is only in one.. Ideas? We are going in to the vet this week, so I'll ask about it then, but any ideas? (Please let it be nothing too terrible that makes me worry and worry until my head explodes from anxiety about my poochy! Haha.) Of course, if it is, I should probably know to see if there are stuff I need to watch for, etc.

Thanks.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is it a claw noise?  Only on hard surfaces?  Check the claws for wear.  Al has always dragged his right front on the forward swing.  The wear on the tops of the two center claws is obvious.  I always hear a click... click... click... 

It's deffinately not a claw noise, though that's an interesting thing to keep in mind for future references:D Thanks for the idea!!

Franklin's right (I think) hind leg cracks sometimes. I've had him examined several times, hips and knees x-rayed twice, nothing has ever been found. It's done this for years (and he's only 3!). So it may be nothing. It may also be an indication of arthritis, but if there isn't any limping associated with it I wouldn't worry to much. Maybe start him on some glucosamine/chondrotin and Fish Oil (omega 3s) just for added protection for his joints.

Melissa, arthritis probably is a good chance. (With how overweight he was---and now that I think of it, how unwilling he is to go on our walks, and how slow he will sometimes go-I took it for him just strolling, but deffinately feel that it would be unwise to take for granted, so I will tell the vet about that too-or am I being silly?

I could get the fish oil from a health foods store, right?:)

Thanks a bunch! Weird that Franklin's does that for no reason, I hope that it is the same case here. It doesn't do it all the time, just at random.

I'm fairly certain you can find both fish oil and glucosamine in Wal-mart and grocery stores, though I'm not certain if quality is an issue in products like this.  You can find them in health food stores, as well.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service