08/09/2003   08/21/2011

Coco had a seizure this morning and died. She was 8yrs and 12 dys old. She had one seizure about four years ago and was taken to the doctors office than and there. She was fine when we got there and doctors could not find anything wrong at that time. Took her back home that day and watched her that day and the following day. She was good. Just like nothing happened. A year or two after that she had a grade one tumor removed from the top of the nose. Came home and started playing right away. No other medical history she was healthly. Saturday she had seizure and went to emergency room and stayed over night. Could not find anything wrong. Sunday morning may have had cardic arrest or heart issue. Her brother Dino is doing ok and Snowball and Moose are OK.

Views: 859

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never think you are making too much of this, it is part of your family, and everyone here understands.  Here is one of the places you don't have to be embarrassed, a lot of us have been there and understand.  Once again our heart goes out to you and your family.
I think she left a really big hole in your heart and it will take time to get over.  You had her for almost 8 years, and now suddenly she is gone!  I can't imagine how much every one in your house must be hurting.  They become a very important part of our families and we grieve very much when they leave.  Allow yourself plenty of time and don't ever feel like you are making to big a deal of it!  Those of us on "My Corgi" understand the great loss and are always here to listen!  It sounds to me like you are a really great dad to your furbabies!  Hugs!  Hugs!!

I am so sorry to hear of Coco, how sad for you and her family:(  I lost my Emma a few weeks ago, they are playing happily at the Rainbow Bridge together now, their happy faces enjoying the sunshine.

So sorry to hear about Coco.  It just breaks your heart.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Can't find the right words, it's just very sad.
I went to see Coco and Dinos parents on Monday and the breeder still has one. The dad Cowboy was there and they offered to give him to me. The mom was given to other people who had a big farm and she is still around and doing good. Still calling Coco when I dont see her. I made a movie in Windows Live Movie Maker but do not know how to post it. Thanks for all the support and hugs.
How great!! keep us updated on whether you decide to add Cowboy to your corgi family...how nice it would be to have Dad reunited with the kids! I'm sure there will be someone here that can help w/the video - John Wolfe perhaps. Check out his site w/Al and Gwynnie. UGH my heart just breaks for you...Corgi hugs to you & the kids.
I'm so sorry : (
Ongoing update--That is my concern. I dont know how or if Cowboy and Dino will get along or even accept each other. I amsure they wont know each other but I am not sure if that is a good thing.Cowboy would be about 11 or 12 years of age, that is not the problem for me but what about them.
Hmmm...good point. I hadn't thought about the ages of everyone. My Sophie is 14yrs now and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't appreciate sharing her space. Some would disagree w/that of course. I've heard that males can be a lot friendlier. I've also heard that two females isn't a good idea because they tend to want to be alpha. I guess the only way to be sure, is to introduce everyone. Perhaps a new puppy puppy is the way to go, if you're up to that. Regardless, Steve, you're lucky to have Dino and Moose with you - it makes the pain of the loss a little easier. I'm grateful to have every day w/Sophie but I know the time will come too soon I'm afraid. In another stream of info I'd be interested if you observed any behavior with Coco prior to the seizure because I've been noticing some things lately w/Sophie.
I found no behavior before hand that would point to any seizure. At the time that it happened Dino was outside in the backyard with her and was calling me. He was barking and trying to get me outside.

Does Cowboy live close enough that they could meet on neutral ground....if that's what you think you would like to do....I honestly don't see a problem but then mine are used to strange dogs...I have an older rescue (9-10) that does just fine with T ank our rambuncious

18 month old.  I think much will be what you are comfortable with. Good luck!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service