I'd like to know what size and what kind of crates you all have for your full sized pembrokes. My little Ein will be 5 months old tomorrow and she's growing like a weed. We have 2 plastic travel crates that we've had long before we got her, and so far they have worked perfectly. I just need to  know if she is going to outgrow these, so I can start looking for on Craigslist now. Crates are so expensive.

The largest crate we have is 26" long, 18" high, and 17" wide (measurements are of the inside of the crate. This is the crate that is a permanent fixture in our bedroom and the one she's in the most. When she's all stretched out I think her bunny butt touches (or almost touches) the back and her head touched the front gate. Her parents are fairly small, so she shouldn't get too big, and right now she's so slender that she can comfortably curl up in the back of the crate. Is she going to outgrow this? Our Dachshund is 25lbs and this is a very comfortably sized crate for him. We have another crate a hair smaller than this one, and it's the one we use for traveling to and from parks and stuff. She fits in it just fine right now, but can't quite stretch out in it like the other one.

It's not a huge deal right now, cause I'm not working and she spends 3 hours (at most except at night) at a time in her crate. I'm just trying to plan long term and want to make sure she will be comfortable should the time come that I will need to crate her longer.

Sorry that was so long. LOL

Heather

Views: 13645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So cute!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...