I'm thinking of giving Sidney some fish oil caplets to help his skin/coat. I can get a good deal on human-grade caplets; they are 1000mg. Is this too much, or should they be fine?

Views: 1222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL There's always a tropical dog-fur cyclone with a 95% chance of drool in my car when we take Ein places too.
Don't forget the noseprints on the window. Oh wait those aren't nose prints it is Corgi Art!
I'm glad to see this one here! I was also considering putting Chesney on the fish oil. Great advice!!
So how's Sidney doing on the fish oil? Notice any difference in his skin/coat?
He loves the taste and is eating more of his kibble (instead of leaving it for another dog to steal). I always thought his coat was lovely; it does seem he's a lot less itchy. It may be coincidence, but you never know!
Hmm, I think I'm gonna pick up some fish oil for Stanley this weekend. He certainly doesn't need any help eating his kibble right up but he sure is itchy sometimes. I hope the fish oil helps.
How long has Sidney been on it now?
I think it's been about a week...not too long at all, I know.
my pups have been on grizzly salmon oil for years and their coats are very nice Cody my lab gets 2 pumps of it per feeding twice a day Jordan gets 1 pump per feeding twice a day and baby Teagen gets 1 pump in morning nothing at night. A bottle lasts about 5 months. I get it off of Amazon at a fair price, cheaper than any brick store and cheaper than any doggie on-line store. It also has no smell and I keep it in the fridge.
So apparently 1000mg is a bit too much for a corgi.
I've been giving Shiro this amount every day for a week and he started diarhea. I stopped giving it to him and he's fine now. I talked to my friend breeder and she said that I shouldn't give more than 200-300mg per day.
I must say his coat did get very shiny and he has way more energy.
Sidney seems to be ok in the poo department. He's 2 years old and about 30 pounds. Is Shiro smaller? I'll make sure to monitor him to ensure he's not having a similar reaction. Thanks for the info!
he's more like 24lb, still growing

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service