Is anyone's dog allergic to Blue Buffalo food? Our 8 month old cardi recently developed a fairly severe skin rash on his rump, near the base of his tail. We took him to the vet this morning, and he thinks it is related to food allergies. About a week ago, before I noticed any rash, we switched him over to Blue Buffalo, the fish and sweet potato kind. I thought Blue Buffalo was supposed to be good for dogs with allergies?! I don't know for sure that it is the Blue Buffalo food, because we have been mixing in his old food which is just Iams puppy food, but the timing seems like that's probably what it is. Has anyone else experienced allergies with this brand?

Views: 7710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine are not allergic to it but they don't eat the fish blend either. I only get them chicken or lamb.
I was checking the Wellness website this morning and I saw they have a new line of food...Simple Solutions...for dogs with food allergies and'or intolerances.

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/dog_wellness_simple_food_solutions_i...

I think I'll see if Petco carries this line. We've used Wellness before and were pleased with it...it may be time to go back.
Depending on the formula...he could be allergic to the meat involved or the grains. But none of our dogs have any real issues with the food--except maybe Cloud, he's got terrible gas but that may be due to him needing his anal gland expressed? Or it just bothers him more now.
Yes, I also understood that food allergies (like any allergies) can develop by the 2nd exposure to something. While it is true that sometimes an allergy develops after repeated exposure to something over a long time, it is also true that if you are allergic, you only need to be exposed to something a couple times to show symptoms.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service