How do you cut your corgi's nails? Nail grinder vs nail clippers

Hi everyone!

I was hoping to get some opinions on a nail cutting.  What's the general consensus out there with all you corgi experts?  Nail grinders? Nail clippers?  Guillotine nail clippers?  Please tell me your opinion and which brand is best!

Your advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Views: 2935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use these clippers:

http://www.amazon.com/Safari-Professional-Large-Nail-Trimmer/dp/B00...

I flip them over on their backs and lay them between my legs. I prefer to clip after a bath as the nails are softer and I think the quick is easier to see. Mine need their nails clipped at least every 2 weeks-- they grow fast and they're not worn down by pavement. Both of mine are good with nails. Zoey has always been; Tucker had to learn that it was no use struggling.

Bella...time for your boyfriend to start feeding her and responding to her needs...food, out, treats.  I know it will be hard on you and you will want to take over when she doesn't respond to him but you can't.  She needs to learn to listen to him just as she listens to you....it could save her life one day.  She needs to know that both of you are pack leaders equally.  Most dogs tend to bond closer with one person...generally the one who feeds them but they need to respond to any commands from all humans within the household.  Otherwise it's chaos.

claw trimming FAQ

guillotine, front-to-back (not the direction to tool is designed for), easiest when wet and soft, upside-down on floor with dog between legs, an eassistant to distract the dog is useful at first, just small cuts, note it on the calendar.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service