Just wanting to see some pics of corgi mixes that might be a little unusual...I had a corgi staffordshire terrier mix and she was so cute. Wish I had a pic, she had very short legs and the cute corgie ears, she was white with brendle patches. She looked just like the dog in this link just not the same color...

http://animal.discovery.com/the-spot/pet-pinups/whuts-that-mutt/ima...

Views: 13074

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wrigley is amazing! What a happy looking fellow.

We just saw two adorable Cardi/ Dachshund mixes at a church picnic.  Oh my gosh, they were gorgeous!  I am hoping they were some breeder's whoopsee litter and not an intentional "designer dog" mix, but nonetheless they were beautiful.  They were blue (one had a lot of white, the other had tan points).  Funny thing is, I saw them from afar and thought "Those are Cardigans.  Wait, no they aren't.  Yes they are.  That one has a Cardi head.  No wait, that one has a Doxie head.  Are they blue long-haired Dachshunds?"    So one had an almost perfect Cardigan head and the other had an almost perfect Doxie head, and they were littermates.  

I've been seeing people deliberately cross-breeding corgi.  I've seen ads for puppies for sale that are called a "borgi" which is a border collie and corgi mix and a "dorgi", a dachshund and corgi mix.

I used to own a dorgi we adopted from the animal shelter.  

She was much prettier when we got her, but my mother didn't listen to me about not using the dogs as garbage disposals.  Not that it mattered all that much in the end.  She was a brilliant food thief.

Oh My Gosh The Cuteness!!!  This evening, at the park, we met four-month-old Marlena.  Marlena's mother is an escaped Corgi and her father is the neighbor's German Shepherd.   Marlena looks EXACTLY like a coal black Corgi with a tail!  Squeee!!!

Here she is by my two.

Here's a better shot of her face.   Her personality is all Corgi too.  German Shepherd provided nothing but the color, as far as I can tell.  :-)

Miss Madison doesn't always like other dogs, but she loves Corgis (and Beagles) and she seemed to recognize Marlena as one.

Wow, she is TINY! I'm always scared when I hear of big dogs (like a GSD) being the sire to a mix by a much smaller dog. But seeing the size of Marlena, I guess labor wasn't as horrifying as I'm picturing it in my head!

When I first saw here, I thought Corgi/Schipperke, but of course that is unlikely and the owner seemed quite sure of her origins.  

She is only 4 months old.  I'm thinking she'll be more or less normal Corgi size at maturity. Jack was 15 pounds at 15 weeks and he matured out at around 36 pounds, so she still has quite a ways to go.  

The funny thing about mixing genes is you don't always get something that looks like a cross between the two parents.  You sometimes get something that looks like just one parent, or like neither.  

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service