I'm originally from the coast of Virginia.  It simply doesn't get cold there!  Sometimes it's 30 or so, and very rarely is it in the 20's.  It might snow once a year, and even then it doesn't stick.  Compare that to where I'm living now: the Appalachian mountains. :|  The high is around 20 in the winter, and we might get 10" of snow this weekend! WOW.  I'm obviously very excited.  But, as excited as I am, I was walking to class today and my face almost fell off.  It seriously felt like I had been injected with novacaine.  Then I got to thinking... I have to walk Waffle in this weather next year! LOL, CRAP.  How do you all around the Great Lakes do it?!  This weather is crazy.  I've read so much about booties for corgies, but are booties necessary when there's no snow on the ground? I really don't want to buy or make him wear boots. What about their faces... do you know if they get as cold as mine? Haha.  I know when it's COLD I don't want to be out for long--for both of our sakes.  But, do you skimp on the walks?  :[ I want him to be as happy and healthy in the winter as he will be in the summer.  Also, what's the deal with long paw hair--why's paw hair gotta be short?

Views: 1276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hehe, you're right! It actually can get humid here during the monsoon season, but the rain also cools the air. The next day though is hot and STICKY!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service