Is there some secret to keeping Corgi's derrieres poop-free? There, I said it!

We are new to Corgis (via taking in my Mom's) and I don't know how to solve this.

Since we don't know what she has been eating (my Mom had her and has dementia so I know, due to how huge she is that she fed her anything and everything).  We are experimenting with weight-loss dry food formulas and though her BM's aren't  particularly messy, she does seem to leave some behind and I have to be sure she is clean (ick) before she comes in the house or clambers back in the car after a walk where she has done her business. 

Do folks take their dogs and ask groomers to trim that area? I have tried myself but she sits down every time and I am afraid to snip her instead of her fur.  Is this an odd question?

Do others have the same issue... I feel awkward asking, but want to do the right thing. Is it OK to cut a bigger, barer patch in that area of her anatomy?  Never had a dog without a tail!

I know know why my Mom's house had stains all over it and do not want the same here. Plus, it makes her stinky!  Poor thing...

I appreciate any feedback or tips -- maybe I am the only one out here with this issue but if not, please chime in. I hope I am not offending anyone by asking.

Thanks,

Valerie (and Duchess)

Views: 3215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once she is a on solid, stable diet the issue should get better. Many times they get soft poo when you change their food, so if you've been switching them around that may be contributing.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service