Just curious, how do you all deal with shedding?  Do you brush?  Have your little one groomed?  And what DOESN'T work for shedding?  

Thanks!

Amy

Views: 541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good to know .. not that im showing Wendy, but why  if you dont mind my asking, do you say not to do if showing?
Makes the haircoat to soft and you won't get the lift that is ideal for the ring plus the ideal standard states a corgis haircoat is not to be overly soft.

well Carlys is not overly soft , but i wish it were...ill have to try your trick!

cowboy , mysons corgi has awesome hair!

Yes the good old furminator! Also professional grooming on a regular basis makes a difference! Someone needs to come up with some kind of use for corgi hair it is a bottomless well of resource, we could power entire cities with it or something useful other than decorating my clothes!
There was a need for all kinds of hair and fur that you could donate for the oil spill. I believe I had posted information on this on my weblog but I believe there was a stop to it for some reason. I can't even remember what they were called...possibly brooms?
lol
i dont really like the furminator , i have one and she wont stay still long nough for me to get much hair out so i gave up.. i use a rubber brush i love! The breeder i bought her from suggested it and  i like it. She allows me to comb her entire body, i guess it feels like a massage to her? thankfully the groomers get some of the hair when she is bathed..
We deal with dog hair the same way we deal with rain, snow, earthquakes, thunderstorms, tides, weeds, death, and taxes.
I've been afraid of the furminator; it might take out too much healthy fur.
Thank you everyone!   Great tips :)
Don't discount the diet!  I have had 5 corgis and they all required regular grooming (and I'm not a fan of the Furminator).  But with my current boys, giving them a good quality food (with a fish base believe it or not!) has helped enormously with the shedding!  Too much junk like cereal can wreak havoc on the coat! I give them Holistic food.  Great brand.  They love it!  And the reduction is shedding is remarkable!
is holistic the name of it?

I dunno if the raw food diet has much to do with it -- our two also get a little Wellness kibble -- but their coats seem nice and shiny and although they do shed some, it's not like a natural disaster.  I comb them maybe once a month to prevent matting, not to control shedding, with a standard comb, not a furminator.  I vacuum about twice a month, whether it needs it or not.  :)

I guess our tolerance for dog hair is high. 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service