My little Ella was spayed today and has to spend the night.  I will be sleeping without my little snuggly bunny butt tonite.   :(     I hope that I do everything right once she is home.  I'm worried about picking her up to take her outside, or "if" I should pick her up.  We have about 4-5 stairs to go down.  Does anyone have any tips for me?  It would be much appreciated!

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is she home yet? My Coco and Dino were spayed and came home the same day. They rested that day and I kept and watchful eye on them. Just watch the stitches and follow the doctors directions.

Thank you Steve for your reply.  I am going to get her in a few hours.  I guess they like to keep them overnite for observation.  I'm hoping she doesn't have to come home with a cone.  But..we'll do what we have to do to make sure she has an easy recovery.  I've already washed all her blankets and cleaned out her crate and filled up her treat bone.  I'm ready!  Sure has been quiet around here without my little rascal.  :)

Cleaning the blankets and her crate...that is so thoughtful of you. I would not feed her right away. When Coco had a cone on one time, she could not go though the doggie door the regular way ( head first ) so she backed out and went to the bathroom. She was so smart.

LOL.  That's funny.  They sure are exceptionally smart, aren't they?  Ella is my first corgi and I couldn't be happier!  It's almost wierd how I tell her "no" when she's doing something she shouldn't, and she walks away from it the first time.  Seems too easy.  I was thinking of making some rice and maybe a little chicken to ease her back into her regular dogfood.  I probably go overboard on my care for her but I'm sure she doesn't mind, lol.  She has gotten in the habit of sleeping with me but I think I will try to keep her in her crate tonite so she doesn't get bumped by me or my hubby or by Maverick (yes..., the great big shepherd is in the bed too!) 

Well, my Ella came home yesterday and you would never know she had surgery!  Wow.  It's been a challenge keeping her quiet.  I'm happy she's doing so well though.  What tough little doggies these corgis are!  She also slept in mom's bed last night and that went fine.  So far no "cone of shame" needed!   lol

It sounds like you might luck out, just like I did!  When I went to pick Ellie up (she was also kept overnight, as is standard practice at my Vet's office) they said that she was spinning in circles and jumping as they were trying to get her out of the kennel!  And as soon as we got home she wanted to run and play.  It was pure torture having to keep her quiet for two weeks, especially since that meant keeping her in her crate a lot, but it was worth it.  She healed really fast and didn't have a problem.  :)  Hopefully Ella has a fast recovery!

Thank you.  I hope she has a fast recovery too.  Seems like she will!  She wants to jump up on my german shepherd and play like usual but I have to be right on her.  I've put big pillows on the couch, the loveseat and the recliner so she can't jump up on those.  When I crate her, she whines like she lost her best friend.  My vet said she was a bit of a drama queen, lol.  My paperwork says "no off-leash activities" for 7-10 days!  Good grief.  That's definately going to be challenging.   The only time she will lay quietly is when I sit down with my laptop.  It's going to be a very lazy week.  :)

It will be hard to keep her quite for two weeks  Good luck. So happy that she is home and being taken care of.

Thank you Steve :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service