Strange/Rude Things You Hear While Walking the Corgi(s)?

While out walking the dogs with my boyfriend's sister, the guy on the corner was out on his front lawn, and was clearly drunk. "Out walkin' the puppies, huh?" He slurred at us. We smiled and replied, "Yup." He was like "That sucks." 

... what the... O=

Wasn't expecting that response at all LOL. I just replied with "That's alright, we like to go walking." and walked on as briskly as possible. It may have taken me a few extra seconds to respond, because I was so shocked someone would say that to some people who are clearly out enjoying their walk. Sigh... oh, those drunks... =u.u;=

Anyone else heard any offensive, crazy, or unexpected things while out walking with your dog(s)?

Views: 3633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"You better pick that up!" as I standing with a poop baggie around my hand, waiting for Teddy to finish his business. Yeah, I walk around with a plastic bag on my hand all the time.

LOL!!!

I hear wonderful comments about Arthur every time we are out. I often walk with my son's Shiba Inu as well and believe me, poor Unmei and me get the nasty comments.  I am "jokingly" asked if I have permission from the Dept of Natural Resources to have a fox out walking and aren't I scared the fox will eat my Corgi!  My corgi, Arthur, loves everything in life so he just grins and keeps walking.  I really wish people would mind their own biz.  While I love the comments about how cute Arthur is, I really don't like the comments about my son's dog.

Yes, fat dog comments like" looks like you could use a walk" etc....   I just said yep we both need it.  Poopdeck is a bit chubby not a total sausage, alot of people seem to think so.  Perhaps they think he is some other breed.

At our first apartment, I was walking Dyddy (before we rescued Libby) and a neighbor from a building across the road comes running out, "Young lady! May I ask you something?" and he comes running up to me. Now I'm all panicky thinking, "Oh no, where'd he just poop! This guy made me lose track of his poop!!" Turns out he also had a corgi and wanted to know how old Dyddy was! It sure scared me though!! His corgi was an old man (13 at the time) and he had slowed down drastically. But his corgi sure was a sweetie, would come up for lovings and kisses. :)

That's hilarious - "This guy made me lose track of his poop!!"

Late reply, but I finally have something;)

The other day I was walking Ziggy with hubby and a guy passed us. Of course, he was staring at Ziggy. (A lot of people do, no one ever stops to pet the poor guy though) and we passed. About two minutes later, the guy comes jogging back to ask me, "Did you just find this dog today?"

I was kinda surprised, but I just said, "Nope!" and expected that to be that. It wasn't haha.

His voice got kinda snotty, and he raised it, and the look he gave me was like I was a lower life form or something.
"I JUST saw that EXACT same dog on a poster listed as lost down the road." So I guess he didn't believe me;)

I kinda mumbled, "Well, it's not." and turned and left as quickly as possible haha.

While this isn't really rude, I thought it was kinda outta the blue. A guy biked past us at night and then he turned to look back at us, still riding "Is that a Corgi?" I confimed and he says, "Cool." then turns to continue on his merry way haha.

The first guy was so weird! :O

I would have been kind of put off by that too, but I'm sure he was just trying to decide how to be a good samaritan.  What is the best way to react to that though? "Yes, I totally just found this dog. And now it's mine!"

When Elli was a pup, some trashy tourist pointed at Elli and said "Well that's a fat little dog." My husband glared at her and said "She's not fat and you don't know what you're talking about." She was super embarrassed and apologized.

We get loads of people who run up on Elli while we walk her in the Seaport. She is a bit of a diva and will dance away from them. Until you are part of her people, she won't bother with you. Most people don't get that.

people make fat dog comments to Poopdeck all the time.

I constantly get asked "What is wrong with your dogs?!!" while walking my two, by the same group of kids almost daily. Dante gets called a wolf with dwarfism, too. Other than that, they just get "d'aww, corgis!" from people.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service