Strange/Rude Things You Hear While Walking the Corgi(s)?

While out walking the dogs with my boyfriend's sister, the guy on the corner was out on his front lawn, and was clearly drunk. "Out walkin' the puppies, huh?" He slurred at us. We smiled and replied, "Yup." He was like "That sucks." 

... what the... O=

Wasn't expecting that response at all LOL. I just replied with "That's alright, we like to go walking." and walked on as briskly as possible. It may have taken me a few extra seconds to respond, because I was so shocked someone would say that to some people who are clearly out enjoying their walk. Sigh... oh, those drunks... =u.u;=

Anyone else heard any offensive, crazy, or unexpected things while out walking with your dog(s)?

Views: 3627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mostly we hear only good things. There is a park across the street from our house so that is where we walk. The park is always filled with people so we get comments daily. A lot of the kids will say to their friends "I see that dog all the time." or "There's that dog I was telling you about!" One little boy told my boyfriend that he always sees someone different walking that dog.

We went to petsmart once and the girl that checked us out bent down and gave Clutch a hug and said "Your not fat!" We went into a new petsmart this weekend and everyone kept telling us how they haven't seen us in a while and almost all the employees waved at us. I think we were mistaken for another couple with a corgi.

One old lady was in the park with her tow grandkids both under 8. Clutch is so scared of children (thats another story). Long story short is that the kids end up pinning both Clutch and I between a trashcan and the fence to the park and just keep trying to touch him while he is running away on an extended leash getting it tangled in the kids (this is really dangerous) all the while the old lady is asking me how much he was (she asked me this five times) and if we beat him (!!!!!) because "he looks scared of the kids" It ended with me telling her to collect her children and let us leave. I had seen them a few times before this happened but never again after.

I also had a teenage boy tell me from a distance that he would bring his pitbull to the park so it could kill my dog. I was completely floored by this and had absolutely nothing to say in return. I simply collected my little dog and went home. People with attitudes like that do not deserve the love and loyalty of any pet. 

I know! We live in Chicago and not in the best neighborhood. I don't think most people would say something so horrible. Around here it is mostly a bunch of teenagers who are trying to act like big men by attempting to scare little girls with little dogs...sad.

I grew up 40 miles north of Chicago and could never imagine what city kid dealt with.  I guess they always think they have to prove something...and yes it is sad,

Tell that young man if that is what he wishes, if he brings his Pit bull to kill your dog......you'll have to shoot his f***ing dog!  Of course not, but it's fun to think of look on his face.  How ignorant; who says that?!  I guess some people are socially stunted, I guess he thought he was being cool.  I had one guy tell me (in a bar) that his Dobie had more intelligence in it's little finger (?) than I had in my whole body.........so I poured his beer in his lap.  So much for maturity.  But it was FUN!!!   Some people suck.

Though as tempting as that may be in all likely hood I would probably be the one getting shot, if not at that moment then the next day. In some situations it is best to just remove yourself from it. Now, had I been anywhere else I more than likely would have stood up for myself.

Most people are just ignorant but some people are ignorant and dangerous. Best to avoid those.

What a little punk! I would definitely had made a very rude comment to him >:|

Oh my gosh. I would tell him that if he even ATTEMPTS to have his dog harm me or my dog in ANY way I would not only kill his dog but I would call the police.
Actually, I would have called the police right then and there!!
That is a sign that he has purposely made his Pit Bull aggressive and uses him as a weapon. People like that are the reason why certain breeds have a bad reputation for being aggressive and dangerous and it's NOT the BREED it's their STUPID OWNERS!!!!
Ugh! I can't stand people like that.

I love all animals, especially dogs and I would never harm them for no reason, but if he came after my dog I would absolutely kill him before he got the chance.

A stranger driving by bothered to stop and say, "Those are the cutest dogs in the world".  

It's happened more than once.  The standard rejoinder is, "Yes".

We must all be prepared for, "What happened to your dog's legs?":

http://www.mycorgi.com/forum/topics/what-happened-to-your-dogs-1

Before we had corgis, I used to slow down when driving by people walking their corgis and wave and say Hi Corgis!!!!

I still do that!

Today I brought Zorro to the farmers market and it took us an hour to walk around a block! He was a hit, overall it was pretty much, "What kind of dog is that?!" and, "How old is he??" The only thing I didn't appreciate was one woman just picked him up and started asking me what kind of food I feed him because she used to be a representative for some dog food. Who just picks up somebody else's dog? And she picked him up by the front legs and he gave a little cry! 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service