Hello All,

Indy will be by himself more during the day as I have recently had a job promotion. I know I am not the only one who works a 9-6 type of job with a corgi. How do you keep your corgi entertained while you are gone?

Luckily, I work close by, so I am able to come let him out during the day, but he is still alone for the majority of it. I leave him in the gated kitchen with ropes, a teething ring, and a Durabone, but I know he gets bored. I walk him when I can and take him to the dog park twice a week, but it's not enough.

Indy is 9 months old and still a chewer. He doesn't mess with the cabinets, but I know he will try to destroy what he can if it's left in the kitchen and I don't want him to choke on anything. I know corgis need 'tasks.' Any suggestions for 'tasks/jobs' he can do while I'm not home? 

Thank you for your suggestions! 

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have used kongs, antlers and day care.  when i walk her in the morning brisk 20 minutes no exploring just walking - that seems to keep everything on track.  maya now has a sister dog, a cat and a border collie to play with during the day.  but since she is the youngest and most energetic, I don't want her getting to hyper or unstable around the other dogs, so she gets the extra walking and busy time occupation.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service