My Corgi received a Lyme vaccine and booster,  plus I have used Vectra 3D tic and flea repellent on her (purchased from the vet). 

I walk her in a field (with the grass mown short)  and the past week or so I have found 5 or 6 ticks on her.  Does this mean the repellent is not working?  Thanks. 

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had to take Max in for an acupuncture treatment today...this isn't my normal vet.  While we were waiting with the needles in I was looking at the array of flea/tick stuff that they had displayed on the windowsill and Vectra was on of them.  They also had an information sheet posted with it.  I had read your post so I read the info sheet, the questions..presumedly from people who have used it...were all about why am I still seeing fleas/ticks.   Basically what it boiled down to for the maker was that the house must be infested and the fleas/ticks would coninute to show up on the dog until the infestation was gone.  According to them it could quite a few months before the Vectra would get around to killing them all as it need time to handle the critters in all their varying stages.

I have to say I was not impressed with what I read.  I have dealt with flea infestations in the past including this past summer and it has never taken me "quite a few months" to end it.  Frankly I would have thought that they would also recommend treating the house along with the dog to end an infestation quicker.  At least that's my opinion.

Yes,  I would agree with you.  And I don't think the house is infested with ticks, either.  The cats and other animals do not have them.  The ticks I find on my Corgi are directly after having walked in fields/woods,  where she is undoubtedly picking them up.  I am going to switch to something else,  as I find more and more ticks on her (especially around the ears and neck). 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service