My corgi, Elvis, has an abscessed carnassial tooth and is having it extracted tomorrow!  I am very nervous about it all!! What have been your experiences with tooth extractions?

I'm just wondering how removing the tooth will affect what he can eat, chew.  Will he be ok to chew and eat the same things he did before? He gets a bone every day and it's probably from chewing bones that he cracked the tooth in the first place.  Should i stop feeding him bones?  Or at least not feed them for a while after his tooth extraction??

Any advice much appreciated! =)

Views: 1817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a corgi mix, Bruce, who is 16 years old. We adopted him when he was 10, His teeth were in such bad shape, they removed SIX of his teeth and cleaned the rest. Then around age 13, he had four more removed. My brave old man eats his kibble and gnaws on milkbones, raw bones and the occasional bully stick. He does just fine. Corgis are survivors and nothing will keep them from enjoying their noms!

Sammie just got hers removed and she's done just fine. Doesn't bother her at all. She fractured it on a bone.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service