Oppy's had a sensitive stomach in the past but has generally been pretty good as of late.  He threw up once in the morning about a week ago, once yesterday afternoon, once this morning around 1am, and then again around 8am.  Each time has just been bile (not a whole lot) so I'm not overly concerned, but my wife is freaking out (she said there was partially digested food in his vomit yesterday).  I fed him some rice this morning (around 8:30) to help calm his stomach but we won't be able to check back on him until around 3:30-4 this afternoon.  My wife thinks 3 times in 24 hours is excessive, but since it's all just been bile, I'm hesitant to go pay the vet $100 if she's just going to tell me to feed him rice and boiled chicken.  If he vomits again, I'll probably take him, but my gut just says it's not a real problem right now.  Anyone have any insight or experiences that could help ease our minds?  Thanks!

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just another update, Oppy's doing fine and hasn't vomited since I posted about it.  Glad he's doing better, makes me feel less guilty about not taking him to the vet.

Yay!!   Short-term vomiting is rarely a problem in dogs.  It's a problem if they can't hold water, or if they are lethargic and depressed.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service