Have you noticed other things about fluffies that are different from standard-coat corgis? My mom and I think that fluffies seem to be smaller and have more delicate features - smaller noses, ears, faces, etc. This is definitely true with Lizzy and Bingley. What do you think?

Views: 527

Replies to This Discussion

I have not seen to many small fluff's. They appear on average to be normal to larger size. My 3 fit the larger size and they are all larger than there moms. Also at the NC corgi picnic earlier this month there wer 20 fluff's and all were normal (22-30 lb) sized. There was a BHT there called Spencer that was as large as my Brandy and his mom was there too. He towered over her. There are different degrees of Fluffiness also. My 3 have different coats but in pictures you cannot tell. It seems that most of there coat characteristics don't seem to fully develop until there are around 2. A breeder once told me that fluff's had a little more hair, a little more heart and a little more love.
I'd say Griff is larger than the average Corgi a well, weighing in around 30 lbs. He looks rather fat until you get him wet, then you see how lean he truly is, it's just his fluff that gives him girth! He definitely has a "JLo" booty that shakes when he walks, but I think that's a every-Corgi thing.

On the other hand, I find that his ears are slightly small compared to the rest of him, but maybe they just didn't grow at the same rate as his body! hehe
Brynn is only 4 months old and very tiny but still has that "JLo " booty ! So cute to watch her walk away :) Her breeder said her Mother was very tiny and i am hoping she doesn't get too big so i can still hold her with ease .
Hey there! We're so happy there's a group for fluffs and their families here! Our fella is just the best guy. The funny thing is, he was owned by another family before us who actually gave him back to the breeder because he was TOO FLUFFY! Lucky for us, I guess!
Anyway, our guy is about 25 pounds, but here's the interesting part. When he's in his "flying" position (lying down with back legs out), he is almost 40 inches long! He's really long and lean, and all the fluff really makes him look buff. Delicate, no. But he is truly the handsomest guy ever.
My Jackson is a fluffy and has super long hair-- he's definitely larger than most Corgis and most non-dog people ask what he kind he is/what he's mixed with.
Lizzie has a coat like a collie and is tri colored too. So when her coat is fully grown out it drags the ground all around her. Due to lack of time and energy, I have the groomer clip her down fairly close several times a year. I love the beauty of her coat long, but not her crying during the needed brushing every day. She weighs about 33 pounds.
Shippo is not small. He is an average-sized Corgi, fluctuating between 27-30 lbs (just like the standard says). Also, none of his facial features are any smaller or more delicate than those of a regular corgi. Check it out.

The normal corgi is Shippo's dad, Bravo. Other than the extra fluff, I don't see a difference in the size of their facial features, and Shippo's dad weighs the same as Shippo. I do hear there may be temperament differences, but others argue that it's because the fluffs are viewed by the general public as "cuter", so they get more attention from everyone, and therefore, become better socialized in the long run.
I can't get over how beautiful Shippo is!!! His coat is in such good condition...does he get groomed regularly? Griff's fluffy coat isn't as long as Shippo's, but his never looks that nice and silky. Half of Griff's fur grows out as a long, downy undercoat that everything sticks to!
Thanks! Shippo is brushed daily, and bathed once a month with Buddy Wash. I do it all myself, as I enjoy every chance I can get to bond with my dogs, and I don't really trust other people with his coat (horror stories of groomers SHAVING fluffies without owners' permission). I'm choosy about the brushes I buy. I do not use the furminator, as it has the tendency to cut through the fur, making it coarse. I use one of those $5 bargain hound undercoat rakes from petsmart, along with the Kong Zoom Groom and a slicker brush. Supplementing his food also helps. Fish oil and vitamin E is awesome!

Your Griff is gorgeous as well, especially since he's got his tail. Sometimes I wonder what Shippo would look like if he had a tail.
hi my boy is much bigger than his siblings he def has jo lo butt that wiggles when he walks ( but so does mine lol) his coat is very long and sheds non stop.. he was black and white for the first few months now the tan is strongest he is white in the tummy well supposed to be but as its so clsoe to the dirt let just say whiteish! his tail hair is the longest and well a good clip at the rear is needed to kepp all things fresh...as for his weight he is 13kg sorry americans cant convert that of course he has glorious big brown eyes and well is the love of my life so happy i found this site
Hi,

All fluffies are gorgeous!

My Forrest is on the fluffy side. He is also on the big side. By the age of 5 months he weighed 26 pounds. My vet says he may be a jumbo corgi perhaps getting up to 40-50 lbs. Yikes. Right now he is a lean and strong boy. Unfortunately, he is definitely not a lap dog although he would love to be.

Most of his extra fur is under his chin, on his chest, behind the ears (it looks like he uses a crimping iron to make himself beautious), curls on his back and on his cutey booty (he has some shake to go with his fries). I love it!

He has big ears, a big nose and big beautiful brown eyes just like his mama :-).

Enjoy! May 2009 bring you your highest good.
My Jackson is a bit on the larger size, but not huge by any means... mind you, all of his hair makes him look 2/3rd's the size he really is. (People don't believe me when I tell them tha though, of course.)

His tempermant is definitely all corgi though... barking & heel biting and all!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service