Sadly, we are going to have to wait for a later litter. Probably a year from now. I had an allergy reaction while at Evanwhit, and so I trekked over to the allergist to confirm. (I knew I was allergic to cats, but thought dogs were fine, as I'd not had anything like my cat reactions.) Anyway, turns out I have allergy to dogs as well, so we are commencing the shot treatment. If that works out, we'll have my cousin's lend me their dog for a week to make sure the treatment took, and then we'll go ahead. But we were concerned about the possibility of picking out a pup and it not working out, so we had to decide to forgo getting Not Dewey at this time. It's very disappointing, but best not to proceed until we know that my lungs will be able to handle the new addition.
They were adorable. (Or a-dor-ah-blay, as Todd Barry would say.)
There were two available by the time we showed up--a guy had driven all the way from Portland to go pick one out, and his fancy lighted on Dewey, the small one with the white spiral around the neck. So the little tricolour and Non-Dewey were the last two left. I was rather smitten with non-Dewey, but my bf and I are still discussing finances and health concerns before we make a final decision.