This afternoon I noticed Benji's mouth was bothering him, he kept licking his lips for quite awhile. So I figured I would investigate. I looked inside of his mouth and his canine tooth was growing in, but his baby one has not fallen out yet, and I think it is broken. Do you think I should take him into the vet first thing in the morning to see if they want to remove it, or should I wait and see if it falls out on its own? It's looking pretty red and doesn't look good to me...


Views: 24

Comment

You need to be a member of MyCorgi.com to add comments!

Join MyCorgi.com

Comment by Jimmy Perez on March 2, 2009 at 10:42am
Hi, Reecee had this happen also. The vet extracted the baby tooth when she was being fixed. It is remarkable how this didn't bother her afterwards, she ate her food like nothing happened. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to eat for a week.
Comment by LaVerne & Shirley on March 2, 2009 at 10:18am
I had the exact same thing happen to LaVerne. I called my Vet and she said to give it some time but if it looked infected to bring her in. It looked a lot like your pups picture. I decided to play tug o war with her wubba and see what happened. I'd get her to bit on that side and tug and before I knew it, it was loose and came out easily. With whatever you choose to do best of luck to you. It will be just fine! :-)
Comment by Butter on March 2, 2009 at 10:15am
I would phone the vet clinic and ask...tell them about the redness. Sometimes redness can mean infection which may need antibiotics.
Comment by Carlie on March 2, 2009 at 9:53am
Kiwi had the same thing happen to her when she was losing her teeth. One of her canines was still in while the adult tooth was growing in. Our vet told us to just wait and see (at this time she was about 5-6 months) and within the following month it fell out. If you're incredibly worried about it, go ahead and take him to the vet, but it's a pretty common problem, you just don't want him to get to be a year old and have it still in. Most vets will take out the straggler when the spay or neuter the pups, if the problem is apparent at that time. Good luck!
Comment by Cam on March 2, 2009 at 7:26am
I'm going to go with, it's better to be safe than sorry, and say take him in to the vet.

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

 

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service