Some time ago, one of my god-daughters was going on a weekend retreat before her confirmation (in the Catholic Church), and the organizers asked that their godparents send them supporting emails. Well, I am not at all a religious person, but I wanted to offer my support -- so, after mulling it over, I thought -- who better to give her guidance than a furry puppy who already knows all there is to know? So my supportive email is below -- and the thing is, it's 100% true....
1) Fill your heart with love and you’ll get it back 10-fold.
2) Make friends with everyone, all shapes, sizes and breeds. You never know who might have a cookie.
3) Relish every little thing every single day, especially weather.
4) Take time out from your busy day to smell the flowers or enjoy some art (just try to avoid peeing on it).
5) Don’t be afraid to have fun and be silly sometimes. Laughter is good for the soul.
6) And, whatever you’re doing, even a power nap, put your whole body and soul into it.
Good luck with your preparation for your confirmation. It’s amazing what a grown-up you’ve become! Bertie and I send you lots of love, woofs, licks (from B) and kisses (from both).