So the other night we were watching TV when we hear Ashton let out a little yelp. He was under the coffee table and came scampering out and up on the couch. He had his Nylabone with him and I thought he might have bitten down on it in a funny way and hurt himself. I give him my usual once over and he seemed fine and wasn't upset so I let it go. A few minutes later I look down and see this:

Aargh! Swollen face! The only thing I can come up with is that he found a spider and as he "played" with it he got bit a few times. Top of his muzzle had a bump along with the corner of his mouth on the right side and under his chin were swollen. He looked like his muzzle belonged on a Bull Terrier! Oh poor puffy puppy!

No worries, after the initial fretful corgi mom shock wore off my vet tech side kicked in. I gave him a dose of Benedryl and his swelling came down in no time. :)

Views: 1067


You need to be a member of to add comments!


Comment by Beth on November 14, 2009 at 8:29am
Poor Ashton! I'm glad the Benadryl worked. Maybe now he'll think twice before poking at bugs. We had a Springer Spaniel when I was a kid who used to catch flies. Unfortunately once or twice she got a bee by mistake, but she never had a reaction to it.
Comment by Jane Christensen on November 14, 2009 at 7:39am
Thank goodness for that Benadryl!!! Hope he's doing better!
Comment by Potus on November 14, 2009 at 5:03am
Poor Ashton! Hope everything is okay now. I get so scared that Potus is going to play with some dangerous insect or spider. Luckily when he spies a bug he lays down and his tail wags as he watches whatever it is, so we can usually get to it before he can.

Rescue Store

Stay Connected


FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...



© 2020   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service