I just got home from the pet store, and running a couple errands only to find out that Benji has eaten a few of those mint chocolate girl scout cookies that I left on the counter top. I can't even figure out how he got them either. When he stands on his hind legs he isn't even half way to the top and Lola's nose is a few inches from the top when she stands up. So I have absolutely NO clue how he got them down. He looks fine to me and I called the vet and they said to keep an eye on him, but he should be fine. I should have left him in his cage like I usually do when I go to work but I figured I was only gone for less than an hour that he would be ok with free run of the living room and kitchen. I'm such a bad mom!!

Views: 24

Comment

You need to be a member of MyCorgi.com to add comments!

Join MyCorgi.com

Comment by Stephanie & Lola on January 27, 2009 at 3:42am
Thanks Karen and Kristen!! I guess I'm not the only one with a mischievous hungry corgi haha! I just got home from work, I made my boyfriend stay up with Benji all night to make sure he was alright. He ate his dinner and drank lots of water, but other than that he seems perfect :) No runny poo either, which is a good thing! I guess that little bugger can eat anything
Comment by Kristen on January 26, 2009 at 7:17pm
My Basil once ate 40 dark chocolate mints that were on a table in a variety mixture of chocolates. Not only did he pick out only the dark chocolate mints, but he unwrapped them prior to eating. Wrappers were all over the floor. We discovered that Basil would push chairs or stools close to the counter or table so he could access items that we assumed were out of reach. Such a clever boy. Thankfully even after eating so many dark chocolates he was just fine. I was away on business and my husband discovered Basil's indulgence. I panicked, when I realized my husband didn't even contact the vet! Basil showed no signs of illness, not even runny poo. I think he had a cast iron stomache. Never under estimate the tenacity of a Corgi with a dark chocolate mint obsession!
Comment by Karen on January 26, 2009 at 7:15pm
Nooooo you are not a bad mother!!! I once had a corgi steal a raw STEAK from a plateful of steaks that were sitting on the kitchen counter. I have NO idea how the little rascal managed to lift a single steak from the plate without knocking or pulling the entire shooting match onto the floor. Unfortunately I didn't witness the act: I simply turned around for a moment, and when I turned back, there was a steak missing from the plate on the counter, and a corgi licking his chops on the floor! ;-)
Comment by Stephanie & Lola on January 26, 2009 at 6:31pm
Thanks Geri!! No cats here, unfortunately. I love them :) Benji is fine for now, thank goodness! I was smelling his breath and it is very minty lol. And I noticed his top baby teeth are falling out and the adult teeth are growing in on the bottom. He looks like a little beaver haha. I'll try to take a picture if he will hold still for 2 second
Comment by Geri & Sidney on January 26, 2009 at 6:14pm
He should be OK, it was a small amount.
Do you have cats? I've discovered that our cats will purposely knock things off the tables or counters for our dogs. Naughty kitties!
Comment by Stephanie & Lola on January 26, 2009 at 5:55pm
Thanks Jennifer!! He is alright I think... He is acting normal and no loose stools or throw up and it's been well over an hour. I am going into work late tonight so I can watch him for a little while longer. Hopefully everything will be alright :)
Comment by Jennifer on January 26, 2009 at 5:37pm
Not to worry, usually the first sign of trouble with dogs and chocolate is when they start throwing up. I once had a miniature dachshund eat an ENTIRE chocolate orange (dark, of course!) on Christmas Eve. The only vet I could get ahold of told me to syringe-feed him hydrogen peroxide and wait for him to barf it all up. Thankfully my little buddy was ok afterward, but I still can't stomach the smell of those things...

I know how you feel about being a bad mom, but trust me, you are NOT! There is no way to predict the trouble these little ones can get into :o)
Comment by Stephanie & Lola on January 26, 2009 at 5:17pm
Thanks Michelle!! I feel awful :( He is only 4 months old and he's always super hyper so I can't tell if it's the chocolate acting up or he's just being himself. I really hope he's ok!!
Comment by Michelle on January 26, 2009 at 5:13pm
You are not a bad mom!!! My male can do amazing things to get to food off of the counter. I can never never never leave even a smidge of the bread bag close to the edge. Sometimes after I clean up the kitchen at night I will hear a bump in the kitchen---at which point I promptly give him a shout out to get in my line of sight. He and his mother once ate an entire loaf of bread that he stole off of the counter....he ate the most of it. We could bearly stay in the house with him!!HAHAHAHAHA

We did alot of walking let me tell you!!!!

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

 

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service